Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
A few weeks back I'd started noticing a very slight miss on idle that wasn't always there, noticeable as a shake through the seat. I'd planned to get it looked at but a few days later whilst accelerating hard I got the flashing EML for 5 seconds or so and it ran badly as I nursed it home. This gave me P0304 and P1315 codes, took the car straight to Hoffmans in Henley who changed no 4 coil pack, much better but I can still notice this very slight miss on idle and I've had an infrequent stutter whilst accelerating, normally at motorway speeds with the gearbox in something like 6th rather than a lower gear and hard acceleration. Hoffmans investigated further but couldn't find anything amiss and it wasn't giving any more codes.
Worth getting your code reader out and checking the live misfire data for each cylinder. I cant remember the number of misfires allowed and over what period of time before a code is thrown, but I do recall it being very high on the AJV8.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I don't know how or if I can do this with my code reader. I have an OBD Link MX, I've only used it to read trouble codes so far. I use the OBD app so if anyone knows how to read live misfire data I'd appreciate the advice.
Not familiar with that code reader but the icarsoft LR units are good for what they are.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts