Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Bought my 2015 XFR in January this year with 33,000 miles, really enjoying it so far although it has a minor issue I'm trying to get to the bottom of (I'll post in the relevant area).

One thing I'm not sure of is if I have a 'speed pack' XFR or not. I only discovered this was a thing after buying it, the speed pack spoiler is there and the original invoice mentions the higher 174mph limit but it doesn't have the front bumper splitters nor is there evidence of them being previously attached. Not especially bothered but it would be nice to know.

Great forum, I've already spent too much time reading other owners experiences.

Not the best picture but here she is:
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2021 F-Pace P250 SE R-Dynamic, 2004 XK8 Coupe 4.2
5,118 Posts
Hello & welcome

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Hello and welcome. External differences are the larger boot spoiler (integrated brake light) and front splitters under bumper. You said you have the spoiler, so it could be or someone replaced stock one.

The front splitters are prone to damage. Both of mine have small cracks from bottoming (car park ramps). They are held on with 3M tape and a few screws. Look for tape residue.

If the invoice says 174mph, it is definitely at Speed Pack version.

Glad you love it, I've had mine since new in 2015. It is a MY15 Speedpack with optional Dark Dracos and black pack.

Standard mod is to upgrade the exhaust. Jaguar one is too quiet and polite. I want to hear a V8! I have a Spires Stage 2 that sounds great and doesn't drone on motorways.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome.

Interesting comments about the speed pack. I did look for tape residue or screw holes on the front bumper but couldn't see anything. I do like the way they look and considered finding a set but I've seen many comments like yours that suggest they are easily damaged.

Agreed about the noise, it is far too quiet. I've contact Spires but they are discontinuing Jaguar tuning products and only have the exhaust with the standard tips, ideally I was looking for the slash tips, although I've seen the normal Spires fitted to some cars and it looks ok, whilst on others they seem to stick out quite far.

I've got a very slight misfire that isn't giving any codes to investigate, searched the forum but can't find anything that quite matches my symptoms.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
I've got a very slight misfire that isn't giving any codes to investigate, searched the forum but can't find anything that quite matches my symptoms.
Try cleaning the MAF sensors? With proper MAF cleaning spray, not WD40...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Try cleaning the MAF sensors? With proper MAF cleaning spray, not WD40...
Yep, did that over the weekend with proper MAF cleaner, didn't seem to make any difference.

A few weeks back I'd started noticing a very slight miss on idle that wasn't always there, noticeable as a shake through the seat. I'd planned to get it looked at but a few days later whilst accelerating hard I got the flashing EML for 5 seconds or so and it ran badly as I nursed it home. This gave me P0304 and P1315 codes, took the car straight to Hoffmans in Henley who changed no 4 coil pack, much better but I can still notice this very slight miss on idle and I've had an infrequent stutter whilst accelerating, normally at motorway speeds with the gearbox in something like 6th rather than a lower gear and hard acceleration. Hoffmans investigated further but couldn't find anything amiss and it wasn't giving any more codes.

I've gone into more detail than I'd meant to in the intro section!

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
A few weeks back I'd started noticing a very slight miss on idle that wasn't always there, noticeable as a shake through the seat. I'd planned to get it looked at but a few days later whilst accelerating hard I got the flashing EML for 5 seconds or so and it ran badly as I nursed it home. This gave me P0304 and P1315 codes, took the car straight to Hoffmans in Henley who changed no 4 coil pack, much better but I can still notice this very slight miss on idle and I've had an infrequent stutter whilst accelerating, normally at motorway speeds with the gearbox in something like 6th rather than a lower gear and hard acceleration. Hoffmans investigated further but couldn't find anything amiss and it wasn't giving any more codes.
Worth getting your code reader out and checking the live misfire data for each cylinder. I cant remember the number of misfires allowed and over what period of time before a code is thrown, but I do recall it being very high on the AJV8.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Worth getting your code reader out and checking the live misfire data for each cylinder. I cant remember the number of misfires allowed and over what period of time before a code is thrown, but I do recall it being very high on the AJV8.
Thanks for the advice. I don't know how or if I can do this with my code reader. I have an OBD Link MX, I've only used it to read trouble codes so far. I use the OBD app so if anyone knows how to read live misfire data I'd appreciate the advice.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
I have the straight cut Spires. I think it looks more aggressive than body following cut version.

Reactions: Ianf and ChrisSB

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
That does look good. And your car is a very nice colour!
Thank you. It is Italian Racing Red with Black Pack. I have also added carbon fibre bonnet louvres, mirror caps and rear diffuser. My previous XFR was Ultimate Black (pre face-lift).

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I don't know how or if I can do this with my code reader. I have an OBD Link MX, I've only used it to read trouble codes so far. I use the OBD app so if anyone knows how to read live misfire data I'd appreciate the advice.
Not familiar with that code reader but the icarsoft LR units are good for what they are.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
One of both probably suffered some damage and I assume the previous owner didn't bother replacing them as they're not cheap for what they are.

My splitters on the R-S (slightly different design) have been damaged twice, 3rd set due to be fitted soon!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hi all

Bought my 2015 XFR in January this year with 33,000 miles, really enjoying it so far although it has a minor issue I'm trying to get to the bottom of (I'll post in the relevant area).

One thing I'm not sure of is if I have a 'speed pack' XFR or not. I only discovered this was a thing after buying it, the speed pack spoiler is there and the original invoice mentions the higher 174mph limit but it doesn't have the front bumper splitters nor is there evidence of them being previously attached. Not especially bothered but it would be nice to know.

Great forum, I've already spent too much time reading other owners experiences.

Not the best picture but here she is:
View attachment 193474
Welcome buddy,great choice of car. I have had mine 7 months now and it's by far the best (and thirstiest) car I've ever had.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks, it is awesome. On a decent run I find it surprisingly good on fuel, getting on for 30mpg. Still on the standard exhaust, I've been told once it sounds like it should, my mpg will drop 😁

1 - 20 of 25 Posts