Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I’m ian. Have 2010 XF S 3.0D. My second Jag. Previously had a 2009 xtype estate. The first year of having the XF was trouble free motoring and a absolute pleasure to have and drive. Since January this year when it went for its MOT and service it’s cost me over £3500 in odds and sods. Latest thing to go wrong is going into RP mode. Initially the engine management light stayed off but it’s now on.
Is there anyone on here from Cornwall that has a code reader before I bite the bullet and pay a garage to pull the codes

·
Firm Rampant Member
20,784 Posts
Think there is but it may be best to get yourself more involved in the forum...they are a weird lot down there.

• Haha
Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
12,887 Posts
Hi Ian, ignore Dave, he’s in one of those funny moods :-D
RP can be caused by a lot of things, do a search on here for the common ones.
You can buy a cheap scanner autel for not a lot of bucks

·
Firm Rampant Member
20,784 Posts
Hi Ian, ignore Dave, he’s in one of those funny moods :-D
RP can be caused by a lot of things, do a search on here for the common ones.
You can buy a cheap scanner autel for not a lot of bucks

I'm in a great mood... seriously.

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
12,887 Posts
Reactions: DAVENN

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
For a self contained hand held device, I'd recommend an iCarSoft LR V3. V2 version is also still about and would be fine for your 2010 car. Others prefer the Autel, not sure which model, but that uses a remote OBD dongle and your smartphone and I think needs a yearly subscription for updates. Others will be along to say more about the Autel I'm sure.

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Hello & welcome, if you get really desperate for a reader I'm up in Somerset with a iCarSoft LRII

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Evening all. So brought a Autel reader. Coming up with P006A. Obvs this is MAF sensor, is there any other way of knowing what is causing this. Any other sensors/codes related to it being potentially intercooler, intake related? Of hopefully just a duff air flow sensor or 2

·
Registered
23,389 Posts
Swap the sensors and see if the code changes. That should tell you which, if either, has failed. Otherwise, it could be a leak in the induction ductwork, downstream of the sensors. i.e. the engine is getting more air than the MAF sensors are registering.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Hi Ian and welcome .
look up on here about cleaning the MAF's and MAP. Get this done first. As john say's above have a good look around all of the induction system and listen for air leaks, look for oil around the thing as well.Dave was on about the crack we have with Pete down in Cornwall. Who would help you gladly. I think everything which causes your problem has been dealt with on here at some point, just wade through them one at a time.

·
Registered
10,114 Posts
...Dave was on about the crack we have with Pete down in Cornwall. Who would help you gladly...
Who is this 'Pete down in Cornwall' that you refer too?...

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Who is this 'Pete down in Cornwall' that you refer too?...
I thought it might be the highly intelligent very knowledgeable person, with a very finely tuned sense of humor.
But I may be mistaken, I may have even been dreaming,I will count the empty bottles as well. Better get them in the bin as the bin men are coming tomorrow for the bottles, better get the ear defenders out as well, quite embarrassing at times.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So cleaned the map sensor which has lead to a low voltage fault aswell so got a new one to fit. Slight oil residue on the left inlet manifold so think that’s my culprit. Found the right up on here if how to do that’s my next step. Gonna do both sides for peace of mind

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
So cleaned the map sensor which has lead to a low voltage fault aswell so got a new one to fit. Slight oil residue on the left inlet manifold so think that’s my culprit. Found the right up on here if how to do that’s my next step. Gonna do both sides for peace of mind
Well done Ian
Best of luck with it. Some great write up's on here. Hamed did a great one on the manifold.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts