Jaguar Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks all for the very warm welcome and the whos whos, you seem a friendly bunch... Some useful links for me to look at tonight when the misus slopes off to bed, i shall hopefully find out more hidden secrets of the XF.
Sunday club? i shall need to find out more..
I shall probably be back tomorrow with tails of woe following my savnav update attempt.:rolleyes:

Registered
Good luck Russ, any questions just ask away

Administrator
Welcome to the madhouse forum Russ. Nice car you got there.

Registered
Welcome to the forum Russ. You are fortunate to live on the Sunday Clubs door step, so if you need fettling, they are a great help. Enjoy your XF they are great cars.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Registered
Hi Russ. You're not so far from me, I'm in Ripley, Derbyshire.

Registered
Hello & welcome. Don't let PeteA put you off we are really friendly here. He just seems to be strangely affected by the far off land he inhabits, on the very edge of civilisation. :D

(only joking @PeteA )

Reactions: PeteA

Registered
Hey Pete how many HiFi amps have you come across that are unconditionally stable in to any load. Wilf and me will tell you. 405's
Just to let you know Russ we don't always stay on topic
Wandering off topic on jaginfo?.. surely not!.. o_O

At least the weathers nice today though...

Registered
It's quite nice here as well Pete.
Would I go off topic.
Actually they are very stable unlike most valve amps.
Well, have a nice day, bit of outdoor stuff no doubt.
I might clean the Jag. Russ's car looks very much like mine, looking at his pics has made me want to clean mine.
See back on topic.

Welcome Russ,

Lovely car you got yourself there.

How you finding the increase in power from the civic?

Plenty of knowledge, info and humour on here. Sunday club has been mentioned, as well as threads going off on a tangent. Part of the charm of the place :)

Now where did I put my pot noodle?

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
This Civic wasnt to bad on power as it had a Celtic map on for the past 10 years, so it was just shy of 200bhp and 300lb/ft, so for a small lightish car it went ok. However the Jag is just effortless, dynamic mode, plant your foot down and the car takes a deap breath and catapults you down the road. Thats not saying i arnt talking to Celtic at the moment again:unsure:.
I might clean the Jag. Russ's car looks very much like mine, looking at his pics has made me want to clean mine
It doesnt look like the pics now. 馃檨. So i think it time for the classic Sunday car washing to happen for me also.

Registered
Discussion Starter #31
After spending a lot of time looking at the Well I Didn't Know My XF Did That ! thread i kept popping outside and looking at things and pressing buttons, so a few things learnt there and hopefully i didnt wake the neighbours with car headlights flashing off and on.
Following the advice i checked my cjb this morning and it think all looks well..

But i did spot this surface rust, but carpet and sounding area seemed dry, not sure if its normall or not..

I do have a question about window tints, whats the best place on here to ask the question?

Registered
The light rust is normal Russ, do do the mod for the washer pump wires though nonetheless, it could be an ugly world if you get the problem, fix it now and it'll be 'easy'.. (y)

'General Discussion' is probably best for the tint question, if wrong a nice MOD will move it.. not sure when a nice ones due to next pop in though... :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: idrobbo

Registered
P.S. That thread is a nice little mine of information isn't it.

Registered
Welcome to the forum!

Your car looks to be in great condition, wish you many happy miles in/with it!

Couldn鈥檛 help but notice the pictures of the car are named 鈥渟lag1鈥, 2 and 3??

Registered
Discussion Starter #35
The light rust is normal Russ, do do the mod for the washer pump wires though nonetheless, it could be an ugly world if you get the problem, fix it now and it'll be 'easy'.. (y)

'General Discussion' is probably best for the tint question, if wrong a nice MOD will move it.. not sure when a nice ones due to next pop in though... :ROFLMAO:
Cheers Pete, it is a job on my every growing list of jobs to do, i shall pop over to the general discussion area and cross fingers on the nice Mod being about;)
P.S. That thread is a nice little mine of information isn't it.
Loads - i stopped up till 2.00 am reading it!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #36
Welcome to the forum!

Your car looks to be in great condition, wish you many happy miles in/with it!

Couldn鈥檛 help but notice the pictures of the car are named 鈥渟lag1鈥, 2 and 3??
[/QUOTE
Thank you, i am looking foward to being allowed out more to use it after lockdown, i tend to keep a car for a good while.
The picture file name :oops: - The photos are from the dealer who i bought the car from website. I used the snipping tool in windows to select the pictures i wanted and then saved them, and me being very imature named them that.

Registered
LOL!

That was very honest of you, maturity is overrated anyway!

Reactions: PeteA

Registered
The photos are from the dealer who i bought the car from website. I used the snipping tool in windows to select the pictures i wanted and then saved them, and me being very imature named them that.
:ROFLMAO: Fair play!!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts