Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I thought i would pop in and say hello from Stoke on Trent, as of a few days ago i am now an XF owner, and as such have found the info on this site nothing short of enlightening.

After 11 years with my 2.2 Diesel Civic (which has been a brilliant car) I thought its time for a change, and nowhere on my radar did the XF register.

However looking around on line at various cars a 2011 3.0S popped up in Premium luxury spec and this piqued my interest. So off I went the following morning to look at it and on arrival it was just being sold.

So not deterred, I whipped the phone out and got onto autotrader, there was another 2011 Premium luxury v8 not far away, so I went off to look at that. I got the impression the dealer was keen to get rid of it, as he had had it several months. The car sounded great, I didn’t bother with driving it as the body work was not the best, a dent in the roof and a couple in the wing and big scuffs on the bumper, none of which the dealer would sort out if I was to buy the car (I got the impression he’s lost enough on it already).

I went home to think about things and decided to up my budget and get a facelift model and found a mint 63plate with full Jag service history, 88k miles, the deal was done over the phone as viewing not allowed due to covid.

Collection day, so get to see it in the flesh, car is as described and looks great. The drive home was such a change from driving a Civic.

Reading through this forum has inspired me to do some changes, so I am going to update the satnav maps tomorrow via hdd removal and also look at activating voice command, which I was surprised it didn’t have..

Great site..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to add, its the only car i have had in a long time that i am making excusses to go out and drive it.:)

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
Welcome aboard Mr. XT!!! (Russ?) :cool:

Which XF did you go for in the end?

This is a cracking forum for info isn't it!.. the humour can be lacking in finesse or even funnyness sometimes to be honest.. but just ignore me and you'll find the rest of the crew are OK.. well, when I say 'OK'...... ;)

P.S. We like first names here.. but not a much as pictures of your new pride & joy though!!!

Very next job please... :D

Reactions: Gav

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
Are you 'liking' about ignoring me Gav?... ;)

·
Registered
10,658 Posts
Are you 'liking' about ignoring me Gav?... ;)
I was laughing and liking this;
This is a cracking forum for info isn't it!.. the humour can be lacking in finesse or even funnyness sometimes to be honest.. but just ignore me and you'll find the rest of the crew are OK.. well, when I say 'OK'...... ;)

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
xtruss name comes because i have an Yam XT500 and my name is Russell, so Russ will be just fine 🙂
I went for a XF 3.0S Portfolio to give me more things to fix..
Here she is ( not named it yet, but i think it will be a she)

On this site there is an option to pay to become a premium memeber, does this give access to more detailed info??
Cheers.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hey Russ that looks like mine, same interior looks like stratus gray from the photo.
Welcome aboard.You already know what Pete is like, so you will know you can ask any question, don't think we will ever make you feel as if you should know more, we won't.
So just enjoy

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
I spotted the XT.. which is how I guessed Russ.. ;)

Very nice looking 'S' you've got there! Unusual to see one with 'Draco' wheels.. and unusual to see Draco's in silver.. looks very nice tbh!!.. :cool:

"I went for a XF 3.0S Portfolio to give me more things to fix.." Make sure you read up on fixing the washer pump problem before it is a problem, whole world of crap potentially.. (y)

As with children.. wait until you know 'her' character better before any naming... :D

As for the premium bit of the forum.. that is paid for by nobody because the only 'benefit' is that you are the only member to have access to it other than @drewdrew .. Oh, and obviously the massive benefit of @Rigger being a 'MOD' on that section.. Nuff said... ;)

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
Reactions: Gav

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Russ that looks like mine, same interior looks like stratus gray from the photo.
Welcome aboard.You already know what Pete is like, so you will know you can ask any question, don't think we will ever make you feel as if you should know more, we won't.
So just enjoy
Cheers 👍, it is status grey, after a black car before i thought i would go for one that didnt look so black and show up dirt as easily, and besides i think its a great colour.. I think i will have many questions to come along.

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
Have a look through here Russ: Well I Didn't Know My XF Did That ! there is a little bit of sorting out of the wheat from the chaff needed.. but a good read nonetheless and full of interesting 'titbits'..

Not sure/can't remember if it explains the pulsing of the start/stop or stop/start button though...

There is a whole massive mine of info on here.. and far more help on top of that from some very knowledgeable and helpful members.. I know because I've seen them post help...

P.S. @Gav is a very good source of 'left handed haggis' if ever you feel the desire.....

·
Registered
533 Posts
Great Russ, by the way Gav is normal Pete me Davenn and big Kev are well shall I say on the edge, If you can understand Kev you are a better man than I.

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
Did you mean @KivBeg?...

Reactions: FCS

·
Super Moderator
11,600 Posts
Welcome to the forum Russ, did you know that when you to your destination, just press the STOP button and the engine stops, the gear selector goes into Park and retracts?

More to read here Well I Didn't Know My XF Did That !

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
Great Russ, by the way Gav is normal Pete me Davenn and big Kev are well shall I say on the edge, If you can understand Kev you are a better man than I.
Blimey.. you're feeling very generous tonight... :LOL:

Reactions: FCS

·
Registered
10,658 Posts
Oi I saw that ;)
Thanks Fred

Reactions: PeteA and FCS

·
Registered
19,092 Posts
Hi Russell. Welcome to the forum.
Great looking example you've bagged yourself there! And in Stratus Grey . . my current favourite colour.
Being in Stoke, you're on the doorstep of Sunday Club. Two FMs who have dedicated themselves to helping other members with some of the DIY maintenance that dealers screw us for. Brakes being a prime example.
Enjoy the forum. It has a veritable wealth of Jaguar information. . . . to coin a phrase.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hey Pete how many HiFi amps have you come across that are unconditionally stable in to any load. Wilf and me will tell you. 405's
Just to let you know Russ we don't always stay on topic

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
Welcome Russ!
Lovely example there. Congratulations.

Now gents, why are we talking about cars? We’ve usually gone waaay off topic by this point in a thread...,

1 - 20 of 38 Posts