Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day all,

recently purchased an XF Jaguar with 4.2 liter V8.
The car is my second purchase, replacing a very good Renault Laguna 3 GT, but I have even higher hopes for the Brit.
The Car is more than 10 years old at this point and needs some care:
  • front passenger window pushbutton is slipping around, needs replacement
  • changed steering wheel does not have heating, needs to be replaced with a used original with heating
  • passenger power vent is not lifting ??
  • dash leather glue on top is letting go, needs to be pulled and reglued
  • start/stop pushbutton broke and went all the way inside the hole. Needs to be replaced with something else
  • the car sits a bit too low, springs need to be changed (with facelift S type maybe, supposedly much more comfy)
After that, it will be near perfect

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Good Day all,

recently purchased an XF Jaguar with 4.2 liter V8.
The car is my second purchase, replacing a very good Renault Laguna 3 GT, but I have even higher hopes for the Brit.
The Car is more than 10 years old at this point and needs some care:
  • front passenger window pushbutton is slipping around, needs replacement
  • changed steering wheel does not have heating, needs to be replaced with a used original with heating
  • passenger power vent is not lifting ??
  • dash leather glue on top is letting go, needs to be pulled and reglued
  • start/stop pushbutton broke and went all the way inside the hole. Needs to be replaced with something else
  • the car sits a bit too low, springs need to be changed (with facelift S type maybe, supposedly much more comfy)
After that, it will be near perfect
Welcome Zakam, I hope you enjoy your stay here. As you may have guessed, there was a change to the forum software yesterday so the site is in a state of upheaval but it will soon settle down again. Is that the Indonesian flag?

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Hi and welcome, bit of a list of jobs you have there, but they all seem a fairly easy fix, good luck. Phil

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi and welcome, bit of a list of jobs you have there, but they all seem a fairly easy fix, good luck. Phil
I am not bothered with the window button and the vent as there are DIY's here and on youtube.

Wondering though, how to check used steering wheels if they have heating or not, and if it is necessary to run software updates on the car (even though the heated wheel icon is there on the console, and the car supposedly had wheel heating before)

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Hello & welcome

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Witaj! You should be able to see on a wheel if it's heated if you can check the rear side of it. The heated ones have like a metal groove around the rear centre piece that some pin runs in, transferring the electricity to the heating.

At least if I recall correctly... both my current XF and the last one had a heated wheel and with the last one I discovered a slight electric buzzing/hissing noise when turning the wheel with the heating on and figure out that it was that pin in the groove that made it. Never noticed that in my current car but suppose it's one of the many things they fine tuned in the facelift.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your Jaguar purchase.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts