Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a year of having the seats I've finally completed the retro fit! A big shout out to James and Micheal aka jimini78/08292 for there help both me and James have been looking through wiring digrams to night for 3 hours and I think we both nearly gave up ?.

I was lucky enough to be able to strip a car that had the wiring loom and it was a case of marrying it to my car it wasn't easy but I don't give up that easy. A little video that I took today of the seats functioning.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Can't see a video link?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to follow up on my success in retro fitting heated and cooled seats.

My jag didn't have these options when I bought my car so none of the wiring where there, all you will need to do this retro you will need.

HEATED AND COOL SEATS with seat module
CLIMATE CONTROL MODULE
WIRING DIAGRAMS
AND MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR CCF.

I found it easy to be able to go to a breakers yard and cut out all the wiring that go's to the passenger/drivers seat then that go's to the front junction box. Make sure the car your stripping has climate seats ? If you are successfully in getting your hands on this, you will then need a full day in following each wire and adding them to your car.

I would happy help any one on this forum has so do many others who have the r8 tools for programming.

Good luck and don't let it brake you!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Cheers. Quads doing grate trying to work on James to do the same :) next is the Blind spot assist and bowers and wilkins activated both James and Michael are working on the amp, where just planning my next visit.
The quads do look good... maybe later :)

As for help with the climate seats - you're very welcome... it was quite apparent that you weren't going to give up until it was fixed! :) As we had activated it using SDD - it was just a case of finding the incorrect wiring/identifying the faulty module.

It took a while to do via WhatsApp - but we got there.

I was surprised to find that that the climate seats uses heated air and the fans to warm the seats - unlike traditional heated pads.
Let's hope you get lots of warm weather to test the cooled function!

James

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ok I looking at this again. Tried and failed to get heat and cooling working bur perhaps due to dodgy seat climate modue from a land rover breaker. If the seats are from 2014 and car is 2010 which module do I need 2010 or 2014? They are full climate seats

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, big question, pls help,

if heat/cooling climate seat module & seats were from a RHD, England vehicle, THEN will it fit the LHD vehicle ? I installed the seats so far & they work EXCEPT the heating & cooling of course.

Where to install the climate seat module for LHD vehicle - on the LEFT under Left Driver seat or on the Right under Passenger seat compartment (as it was originally) ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, big question, pls help,

if heat/cooling climate seat module & seats were from a RHD, England vehicle, THEN will it fit the LHD vehicle ? I installed the seats so far & they work EXCEPT the heating & cooling of course.

Where to install the climate seat module for LHD vehicle - on the LEFT under Left Driver seat or on the Right under Passenger seat compartment (as it was originally) ?
So CCM should be connected to Central Juntion Box wires & under Passenger seat on the right.

BUT, there is a bigger problem before that:

1. The Seats were taken from a car ( that was dissasembled in real time & so it registered all those Errors into Seats modules. Now everytime when starting the car, all the systems come FAULT: ABS, DSC, Pedestrian etc. ).
As first thoughts, the seats have old VIN in them registered, while my car configuration has previous software number for Driver Seat Module (DSM) & PSM so I must ovewrite the car config to SEE & RECOGNIZE new seats module & reprogram them under my VIN, right ? But how exactly ?

1. Configure New Module - Passenger Seat ?
2. or enterring Engineering mode in CCF but which option more exactly because there are many ?

Rectangle Azure Font Screenshot Parallel

Rectangle Azure Font Parallel Screenshot

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

How to be sure which option is the right option for my car ? Is there an SDD manual with all these options explained ? Or only in the factory Castle Bromwich?

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts