Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a spare set of headlights, as I like the idea of a project but want to be able to reverse the look but the work itself is irreversible...

Looking on EPC the halogen unit and the Xenon have different part numbers, but Looking through images I cannot see any difference.

Has anyone swapped between them and noticed the difference? Only inclined to ask as the halogen units are available much cheaper...

·
Administrator
28,089 Posts
The pre-facelift Xenon headlamps are vastly superior to the halogens which never should have been fitted to a 150mph car. They're even slightly better than the post facelift Xenons.

Reactions: Popeye

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I don't intend to use halogen Illumination, what I meant was the actual casing the same and the internals transferable, I.e. ballasts and burners

·
Administrator
28,089 Posts
You need the complete headlamp units & the ballasts.

·
Administrator
28,089 Posts
To be completely legal they should be self levelling as well but I don't think anyone has retrofitted that part yet.

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have Xenon fitted currently, I am looking to modify the actual headlight itself, so wanted to buy halogen ones as they're cheaper but the entire units have different part numbers. So I basically want to use the halogen housing to go onto my car that has Xenon and make sure it can all be transferred across.

May be a case of buy one and check but thought there's a chance someone replaced theirs in the same manner previously

1 - 6 of 6 Posts