Jaguar Forum banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
12,014 Posts
Just think how much you might of spent (and looked a fool) if you hadn't had Jag Assist for the quick call

Sent from BLUE heaven using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Just think how much you might of spent (and looked a fool) if you hadn't had Jag Assist for the quick call

Sent from BLUE heaven using Tapatalk
Yes, absolutely. It's as much the peace of mind as any intrinsic value.

·
Registered
17,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I was going to say something plugged into the OBD port, but it was nearly 5pm and I had to get myself a beer for after-work virtual pub.
OK James. As a consolation prize I've PayPal'd 50p to you. Let me know if it doesn't arrive.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Awfy good nod to the wise in this, John.....will be warning mates on Toyota Forum of yer woes. There is a wee OBD widget one can plug into the Rav4 which locks central locking as you move off. The thought it could do this is concernful. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
I know it may be a bit left field, but do you have an OBD reader plugged in, they can sometimes cause the system to glitch.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Did the Jag Assist bloke do anything to fix the problem, other than the obvious of pulling the plug/dongle out and clearing the codes?
I ask because on the Yank F-Type there are countless reports of flat battery issues caused by plugging something into the OBD2 port - whatever device was plugged in didn't fully disconnect/disengage the car electrics even after it has been removed from the OBD2 port - and the "fix" is to reset/reboot the electrical system by disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes then reconnect. Simply disconnecting the earth/ground lead for a while does the trick.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Just out of interest, is the OBD2 port permanently powered even when the car is powered down fully?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Was it my post?

·
Firm Rampant Member
11,850 Posts

·
Registered
17,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Did the Jag Assist bloke do anything to fix the problem, other than the obvious of pulling the plug/dongle out and clearing the codes?
I ask because on the Yank F-Type there are countless reports of flat battery issues caused by plugging something into the OBD2 port - whatever device was plugged in didn't fully disconnect/disengage the car electrics even after it has been removed from the OBD2 port - and the "fix" is to reset/reboot the electrical system by disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes then reconnect. Simply disconnecting the earth/ground lead for a while does the trick.
No reset was necessary. He took the car for a run to see if the problem/fault warnings reoccurred. The engine management light was still on when he went. He said the car ran perfectly and the em light went out after he stopped and cycled the ignition.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts