Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been visiting the forum and gaining some useful tips and advice since getting my Sportbrake. I bought the car from a salvage auction site, I was hooked when I saw the listing, it ticked all my boxes, Sportbrake, 3.0S, Portfolio trim, Red sport seats and the damage wasn't too bad, bumper, bonnet, headlight, radiators. So bid on it, won it, got it, then found secondhand parts are like rocky horse poo so bought a flood damaged 2.2 sportbrake as a donor. Fast forward three weeks car is sorted and on the road and I'm loving it!! My taxi was a Citroen C5 Tourer Exclusive 160 Auto which I loved and would have kept if the XF didn't live up to my expectations but the Jag delivers in spadefuls. Beautiful ride quality, which is saying something after a C5!!, smooth and quiet engine, effortless power and then I switched on Dynamic mode, GOOD GOD!! I'm used to power having had a mk1 Lotus Elise, XE180 R sport and still own a Honda VFR800 but this car is a beast, I think I will have to leave that switch alone if I want to keep my licence!

·
Administrator
27,296 Posts
That sounds like an economic way into Jag ownership Dan, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
The 3.0D 'S' is quite something, when allowed, really isn't it!

Do look through the "Well I Didn't Know My XF Did That !" thread.. you might pick up a few useful tips.

Welcome to the forum.. oh, and we would love some piccies please!! :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
20200215_120449.jpg
I hope this picture has attached, I put it on my profile but it ain't showing, coz the other tickbox was it's Italian Racing Red. The paintwork is lovely but on a sunny day (what's one of those?) it has some swirl marks so just waiting for som.e decent weather to get busy with the polish and wax

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dan and to your new Sportbrake(s). Irr is a superb colour in the sun. Glad you’re enjoying it in dynamic and sport mode. If you press and hold the dynamic button for about 10s it takes off all the traction aids but beware that back end lol.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
That looks 'well nice' Dan!! :cool:

Yours can get away with red calipers, my Lunar Grey one can't..

And as much as I don't generally like 'black packs'.. yours being only around the windows looks fine! :cool:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Michelin PS4s don't seem as grippy as on the XE 180 I had but it may be the low temperatures we have at the moment or the extra power. Roll on springtime!

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
There is a huge difference in the amount of torque available for one.. and a proper 'Hunter' 4 wheel alignment done by someone who knows what they're doing can make a substantial difference to how an X250 handles..

MPS4's they may be.. how old are they and are the pressures correct?

·
Registered
178 Posts
View attachment 176468
I hope this picture has attached, I put it on my profile but it ain't showing, coz the other tickbox was it's Italian Racing Red. The paintwork is lovely but on a sunny day (what's one of those?) it has some swirl marks so just waiting for som.e decent weather to get busy with the polish and wax
Lovely car that Dan.

We’ve just got the XF S Portfolio. The 3.0 is wonderful compared to the 2.2 that we had.

·
Registered
178 Posts
There is a huge difference in the amount of torque available for one.. and a proper 'Hunter' 4 wheel alignment done by someone who knows what they're doing can make a substantial difference to how an X250 handles..

MPS4's they may be.. how old are they and are the pressures correct?
I did tell the Mrs that the rear end feels a bit more lively compared to the 2.2 that we had. I thought it was just the power difference!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good call about the alignment. I'll get it checked. Pressures are ok. As they say "power is nothing without control"

·
Registered
554 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dan and to your new Sportbrake(s). Irr is a superb colour in the sun. Glad you’re enjoying it in dynamic and sport mode. If you press and hold the dynamic button for about 10s it takes off all the traction aids but beware that back end lol.
I could be wrong but is it not the traction button that needs held down for 10 seconds to total turn off Traction control ? I agree about IRR ..but im biased...
Screenshot_20200213-185250_Facebook.jpg

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Hello & welcome, Great colour, but as Mark says above, I would say that wouldn't I :D

·
17,724 Posts
Welcome Dan,

looks like you got a great deal there. Bit of work, but you seem to have cracked it, good job.

·
Firm Rampant Member
11,836 Posts
I could be wrong but is it not the traction button that needs held down for 10 seconds to total turn off Traction control ? I agree about IRR ..but im biased...
View attachment 176486
Firenze red is stunning.....fair play.
If you recall the Sweeney episode on top gear..."you have to press the Len "( in a cra.p eastern Europeon accent) "for ten seconds".

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
Beautiful XF Dan.

IRR/Firenze Is beautiful in the sun and becoming quite popular on the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
Steve on a serious note that car is begging for more black bits . It looks lovely but more black would be delectable I think.
You know, I’ve a cast iron bath just begging for a new home
It would look fabulous in an Irish bathroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts