Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
5,671 Posts
Thanks, Wilf. That is the only car I've seen that could end up replacing my XFR!! I'm not sure the 1988 version is worth the extra £20K though.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Reactions: PeteA

· Registered
6,601 Posts
Dare I say it.... I think if I was after that size of car, I'd be plumping for a Model Y Performance. :confused: :rolleyes:

Faster, cheaper to buy and run, less to go wrong. 😳 Sorry guys.

· Super Moderator
33,811 Posts
The Y looks hideous though. I’m no SUV fan, but the proportions of the Y just looks terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DAVENN and gmcelroy

· Registered
25,010 Posts
I wonder how it compares to the Range Rover Sport SVR?
He does mention that it's better because the Range Rover is almost "hampered" by its need for off-road capability, something the F-Pace doesn't have.

· Administrator
32,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The new RRS is too heavy for its own good - more than two and a half tonnes.

· Registered
4,845 Posts
He does mention that it's better because the Range Rover is almost "hampered" by its need for off-road capability, something the F-Pace doesn't have.
Ah, I missed that part in the video.

Maybe not a bad thing I guess as it gives people the choice of a powerful SUV that either has better on-road handling or off-road handling. I wonder how balanced they are against each other, as in would the RRS do off-road better to the same level as the F-Pace would do on-road better?

· Administrator
32,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I suspect the RRS would do off-road very much better than the F Pace, which seems to be optimised for on-road rather than off.
I found it interesting that Harry thought it a better drive than the twice-as-expensive Aston DBX. And the Cayenne Turbo. He aso very much liked Pivi Pro - about time JLR got an ICE system right. :rolleyes:

Given the funds, I would go for one, but probably not the silly extra £20k special edition. No BEV would get a look-in against V8 sounds like that.

· Super Moderator
33,811 Posts
I like Pivi Pro. It's not perfect, but it's so much better than ICTP.

· Registered
4,845 Posts
I suspect the RRS would do off-road very much better than the F Pace, which seems to be optimised for on-road rather than off.
I found it interesting that Harry thought it a better drive than the twice-as-expensive Aston DBX. And the Cayenne Turbo. He aso very much liked Pivi Pro - about time JLR got an ICE system right. :rolleyes:

Given the funds, I would go for one, but probably not the silly extra £20k special edition. No BEV would get a look-in against V8 sounds like that.
Was surprised at the Cayenne Turbo, I almost bought one (older one) but seemingly at around 100k miles the air suspension is almost guaranteed to go and cost mega bucks to fix.

There's something rather hypnotic about such a large vehicle moving so fast off the line along with that lovely soundtrack.

· Registered
11,064 Posts

· Registered
11,262 Posts
I love the way he completely wrote the original F-Pace dashboard off as horrible.

Maybe, when he looks at his XE, he might revise that opinion.

Other than that, I’ve bought a couple of Lottery tickets….

Still one of my three car garage.

· Registered
Battery powered superhero
5,743 Posts
If I were to have only 1 car, I would like to think it would be the F-Pace SVR. The new 2022 MY facelift with the longer bonnet does look better than the earlier model, but there's really not much in it, externally. I don't mind the big PivoPro iPad screen either. But likely not the 1988 model, I don't see the £20,000 extra in it. But I don't think I'm likely to spend the cash on one, when even used the SVR is extortionately more expensive than the same spec but S model, as I have. However, jumping out of mine into the V8 Supercharged XKR, wow, that V8......

· Super Moderator
33,811 Posts
Too tall for me.

Put that running gear in a MY21> XF Sportbrake, now you’re talking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Super Moderator
33,811 Posts
Well that's what they said about the XE (project 8). A lot of work was needed to fit. I don't think anything has ever been said about the XF.

· Administrator
32,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The irony is that you should even have to seriously consider that possibility at the mileage you have covered.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts