Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of Gorilla locking wheel nuts for the XF about 2 years ago. Washing the Jag today and was really disappointed about how rusty the nuts have become given their relatively high cost, anyone else had this?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

· Registered
XJ Portfolio.2014.Amethyst Black.
1,238 Posts
Are we looking at a locking nut here…? What is that round section shrouding the (agreed very rusty) wheel retaining thing…?

EDIT…….ARSE……you did say locking, so thanks for posting this. I was not too far away from ordering a set of their supposedly ultra brilliant highly recommended wheel NUTS. I await feedback from folk who already have them. That amount of rust in two years is digustful.

· Super Moderator
33,811 Posts
They look different to mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BigKev and drewdrew

· Registered
XJ Portfolio.2014.Amethyst Black.
1,238 Posts
They look different to mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s what confused me…..I have a cheapo set of those “castellated” locking nuts, but they do not have that extra shroud round them. They are for tapered wheel holes. Wan would think said “shroud” would help with less rust. They themselves are rusted……sacrificially….? LOL.

· Registered
Battery powered superhero
5,743 Posts
I don't have lockers on my cars, but do have black Gorilla nuts on the XKR, been on over 2 years, no rust. So much nicer than a Jaguar nut.

· Registered
396 Posts
Where are people sourcing these? ive been looking for a set for the XKR, not sure what I’m up to with my searching, but they all seem stateside.
Yeah I got mine through a U.S ebay shop, they advised which ones I needed and it took less than 14 days for the parcel to arrive.
Will try and find the link to them, worked out about £110 I think, can't quite remember

· Registered
25,010 Posts
I don't have lockers on my cars, but do have black Gorilla nuts on the XKR, been on over 2 years, no rust. So much nicer than a Jaguar nut.
When I bought a set of solid wheels nuts earlier this year I bought 20, fully intending to dispense with the lock nuts but didn't. Don't know why. But think I'll swap them out now.

Reactions: drewdrew
1 - 10 of 10 Posts