Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondered whether anyone might have a copy of a technical bulletin covering the well documented fuel tank slosh. I believe it is: JTB00203
I've looked all over the site but cant find it. An actual pdf file would be ideal.
My car is going in for a service (at an indie) and I wanted to ask them if they would feel comfortable applying the fix.

Appreciate any help anyone might be able to offer.

·
Registered
17,795 Posts
It will be on Topix. Easy to register and then input your VIN.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Mine has had it done but I don't have the bulletin.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will be on Topix. Easy to register and then input your VIN.
Thanks John, I've done that but cannot find the bulletin. I wondered whether it might have been removed and hence asking on the forum.

·
Registered
17,795 Posts
Thanks John, I've done that but cannot find the bulletin. I wondered whether it might have been removed and hence asking on the forum.
It's been a while since I logged in to Topix but I seem to remember that you only get shown those bulletins that are relevant to your model and MY. Maybe yours doesn't apply?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brian, have a browse here:

Thanks again John. The best would be descriptions appeared on pages 4 and 11 but regretfully neither applied. I have been able to find out the bulletin number in full is: JTB00263v4 - Fuel Tank Knock/Slap

Annoyingly I think I came across it somewhere and thought I had saved it but would appear not so :-(
I'll keep searching, it's bound to turn up somewhere aong the line.

·
Registered
17,795 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Came across that one John and like you I'm unsure what needs to be done to access the info.
As soon as I find this bulletin and I surely will, I will post it up for future reference. In the meantime I have got a Jag dealer to give me a call back to discuss their take on the matter. Problem is "we'll phone you back" is now the worlds number one lie and replaces "your cheque is in the post". Now 2 hours and still waiting...................

·
18,267 Posts

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Pretty sure the bulletin has been discontinued. If it's not already been done, then you'll more than likely have to pay for the repairs/new tank yourself.

Unfortunately the tech bulletins don't last forever.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well as I half anticipated the Jaguar dealer did not get back to me having been told they would at 10.45 this morning. Then sent an e-mail to the "service" department at 14.50 and that too remains unanswered. Frankly I get so pi55ed with businesses who clearly couldn't give a flying fig about customer service. So no further orward with this which is a little bit like Aviva who said they would take up to 3 days to return my contact, 5 days now and counting!!!!

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Like I said, it's not surprising for an older car. It's highly unlikely they're going to do anything for any car that's over 5 years old.

They're probably not getting in touch because they already know they won't cover it and will just be hoping you'll give up. You'd hope they'd just tell you either way though.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You may well be right Phil but in fairness I gave them the possibility to make some money as per this extract from my e-mail: Could you advise whether A. this is still covered by any sort of Jaguar commitment and or B. what is the cost to apply the fix outlined in the bulletin.
We'll see what today or Monday brings but I can already sense this is going to go my usual indie's direction and deservedly so, he will definitely do the deed.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
I found the TSB on my 'puter as Word doc, but for the life of me I simply could not upload it here.
I have now converted it to a PDF, attached (I hope!):

Attachments

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
That's your good deed for the day nicely done Kim.. (y)

:)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cheers Kim, very much appreciated! I'll now give this to my indie and see whether he feels up to the task.
Again, many thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts