Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伋鬆仯鬆伌鬆伩X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
It鈥檚 red because it鈥檚 bringing to your attention it鈥檚 above what it considers in the normal range

Registered
could be鈥..

Registered
Wayne I鈥檓 no mechanic but it鈥檇 start with the cheap stuff first. Can quickly get out of depth, so you might want to consider a local independent garage, where are you based perhaps someone could recommend?

Registered
My feeling is it's at the maximum possible display figure, for some reason, maybe the sensor is faulty and reporting incorrectly, the plug is disconnected or a wiring fault. I doubt the fuel rail is at 30,000kPa, the figure is too unbelievable and at exactly 30,000? It could well be a red herring though, as it is actually a desired number, so it may not be relevant. You have the actual fuel rail pressure at 630kPa which will be low, but in range as only the LP pump is running, which should be enough to start the engine.

What is the story here, what is the run-up to the engine not starting, was any work done, was the fuel filter changed or messed with?

Wayne - can you keep to one thread please, don't start more, you now have 3 all on the same issue.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My feeling is it's at the maximum possible display figure, for some reason, maybe the sensor is faulty and reporting incorrectly, the plug is disconnected or a wiring fault. I doubt the fuel rail is at 30,000kPa, the figure is too unbelievable and at exactly 30,000? It could well be a red herring though, as it is actually a desired number, so it may not be relevant. You have the actual fuel rail pressure at 630kPa which will be low, but in range as only the LP pump is running, which should be enough to start the engine.

What is the story here, what is the run-up to the engine not starting, was any work done, was the fuel filter changed or messed with?

Wayne - can you keep to one thread please, don't start more, you now have 3 all on the same issue.
sorry about threads I鈥檓 new to this site and just finding my feet with it.

car used to start intermittently but run engine vibrating slightly, after fuel filter change nothing it鈥檚 not even trying to start.
it鈥檚 a very strange one, I鈥檝e checked fuel filter pipes and checked LP pump and all seem to be ok

Registered
Might be worth trying to get the engine to start with some ether based Bradax "Easy Start". You'll need to spray it into the air intake, probably easier with the air filter element removed and the air box cracked open to allow you to spay it in while someone cranks. If the engine fires, the HP pump will take over the LP pump and fully purge the system, if the engine fires then dies you definitely have a fuel problem.
Font Drink Rectangle Label Liqueur

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Might be worth trying to get the engine to start with some ether based Bradax "Easy Start". You'll need to spray it into the air intake, probably easier with the air filter element removed and the air box cracked open to allow you to spay it in while someone cranks. If the engine fires, the HP pump will take over the LP pump and fully purge the system, if the engine fires then dies you definitely have a fuel problem.
View attachment 192330
love this, great idea thankyou

Registered
I would remove the hose from the fuel filter (the one that goes to the hp pump/engine) and stick it in a bucket of fuel
See if it starts. If it does, it鈥檚 a problem from the filter back to the tank, if it doesn鈥檛, then it鈥檚 sensors or injectors

Registered
That won't work, the open port on the fuel filter will squirt fuel driven from the LP pump in the tank, plus the fuel rail will have no pressure at all, the HP pump won't be running yet as it's engine driven. As far as I understand, the LP pump will supply enough fuel pressure to get the engine started, whereupon the HP pump then supplies running pressure.

Registered
Good point about the open port in the filter, oops!
I had the same problem though a while ago in my old x type. But it should work
The above method diagnosed a duff - brand new - filter

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That won't work, the open port on the fuel filter will squirt fuel driven from the LP pump in the tank, plus the fuel rail will have no pressure at all, the HP pump won't be running yet as it's engine driven. As far as I understand, the LP pump will supply enough fuel pressure to get the engine started, whereupon the HP pump then supplies running pressure.
does this mean that the car should start from only the LP pump, if so that could be my issue

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
View attachment 192330
I tried the easy start, engine started but stoped when easy start ran out

Registered
OK, proves you have a fuel supply issue, as suspected, and the brief running would have fully purged the air, if that was the issue. Now you need to identify where the supply issue is. Prove the LP pump is supplying sufficient fuel to the filter, then prove the filter is passing fuel to the fuel rail. You may also need to check the fuel pressure at the rail with a suitable pressure gauge and adapters while the LP pump is running. I'm not sure, but is there a gauze filter on the fuel pickup in the tank?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK, proves you have a fuel supply issue, as suspected, and the brief running would have fully purged the air, if that was the issue. Now you need to identify where the supply issue is. Prove the LP pump is supplying sufficient fuel to the filter, then prove the filter is passing fuel to the fuel rail. You may also need to check the fuel pressure at the rail with a suitable pressure gauge and adapters while the LP pump is running. I'm not sure, but is there a gauze filter on the fuel pickup in the tank?
I鈥檝e just changed LP pump still no start

Registered
Have you got the old filter? I鈥檇 so I鈥檇 put this back on , down load the workshop manual from here and tripple check the pipes on the filter

Registered
It's in one of the 14 other threads I think Beevee..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts