Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale Jaguar XF R Sport 2.2 diesel. £12000
Only 29700 miles! Year of manufacture 2014 in white livery with Charcoal grey leather and alcantara trim with piano black inserts.
Car is in excellent condition and in practically unmarked. No dents in bodywork whatsoever. Excellent interior with no scratches to trim and all but as new. Electric driver and passenger seats and dual zone climate control. Folding rear seats for extra space when/if required. Privacy windows to rear as shown in below photographs.
Full service history and maintained as required. 4 relatively new tyres along with newish discs and brake pads all of which will have done less than 4000 miles.
Fuel tank baffle fitted to tank as per technical service bulletin.
This car looks almost new and drives accordingly. Super smooth engine and 8 speed gearbox.
This car really needs to be seen and experienced and any trial or inspection welcome subject to insurance to cover accordingly.
Situated not too far from Gatwick Airport and available to view anytime.

·
Registered
20,471 Posts
And the $64,000-question: What are you replacing it with?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, now something very special and very expensive - a Lexus LC500H.
Fell in love with the design when it first emerged in 2017 but couldn't quite contemplate the then cost. Now 4 years later it is doable but still a large chunk of money. New one will have just over 4000 miles on it and in tip top condition. Picking it up this evening. So the Jag has to go along with my garage queen Z4. Will particularly miss the Jag because it really is a fantastic example.

·
Registered
20,471 Posts
Very nice!
But you're replacing a 4-door saloon with a Sports Coupe. I take it you don't have family to ship around?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've always preferred 2 door cars and yes the family has flown but when needed we can always use my wife's countryman.
This will be my last chance to savour a sports car before (if I'm not already) past being capable of getting in/out! In fairness the LC is far easier to get in than the Z :)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Ah, now something very special and very expensive - a Lexus LC500H.
Fell in love with the design when it first emerged in 2017 but couldn't quite contemplate the then cost. Now 4 years later it is doable but still a large chunk of money. New one will have just over 4000 miles on it and in tip top condition. Picking it up this evening. So the Jag has to go along with my garage queen Z4. Will particularly miss the Jag because it really is a fantastic example.
Looking forward to seeing pics of the LC, very good looking car in my opinion. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Picked the new car up last night but here is a pic of it on the seller's driveway. More to follow when I get busy cleaning/snapping later today. Initial impression on the 44 mile drive home - whahay!!!!!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I had two Lexus/Toyota Soarers many years ago, they were great cars in their day and I trust what looks like a recent reincarnation is just as good. Nice.

·
Administrator
29,272 Posts
Great looking car Brian. Does the Hybrid use the V8?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great looking car Brian. Does the Hybrid use the V8?
No Wilf, the hybrid version is a V6 i.e.the one I have. I couldn't contemplate high teen low twenty's fuel consumption as is given by the V8. Performance wise there is about 0.2 seconds difference in the 0 to 60 times simply because the car uses the electric motor to supplement the engine. Plenty fast enough for me I can tell you. Just now need to give it a real wash and wax and it'll come up magnificently.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Latest pic after it had been clayed bar'd then washed and waxed. Came up very well indeed. I often wish I could wash a car I'm interested in before I buy, you always find something you didn't spot on what you thought was a forensic inspection. On this occasion I took my son to the car, and he did a brilliant job of spotting most things except one - a very, very slight depression in the fuel filler cap. Curiously I also know why it is there, but I have a feeling Lexus may well agree or even volunteer to rectify. Other than that it looks the mutties.
BTW the Jag is still for sale and going onto Motorway tomorrow. Really wouldn't mind keeping it for the odd day out but regretfully the drive is brim-full at the moment let alone the garage!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jag now sold and to be collected sometime next week. Great car for whoever ends up with it and very sorry to see it go.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Jag now sold and to be collected sometime next week. Great car for whoever ends up with it and very sorry to see it go.
New car looks lovely!

I know I'm going to feel the same when I sell mine as I've got rather attached to it through all the maintenance and drives I've done. Despite the problems it's always had personality.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Curiously, just yesterday a friend bought over his latest acquisition, a 2019 Jag XF Sportbrake with all the bells and whistles. Fabulous car and so right for him and his needs. For me no such needs and in practice we intend to buy a "car" purely for trotting off to the dump and participation in the supermarket wars. It'll be a blessing having sacrificial transport where mine will be protected from battle scars along with my wife's Countryman Cooper. Our dent man can now just sit and watch as we offer up our would be "car" to the vagaries of the careless parker, the door flingers, those who don't give a toss about other peoples property and those who simply don't know how to drive despite somehow having passing a driving test!

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
If they still offered a two year warranty for approved used I would probably get the x260 Sportbrake. I'm in no rush though, for the first time I can afford to wait for the right car. Hopefully lol

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good time to sell Graham but no so to buy, albeit I sense dealers are prepared to decrease their margins given cars are selling like hot cakes. Our local dealers look like they've had all their stock stolen! Jag dealer had very few on their forecourt and what was there wasn't that brilliant, but I bet it still sells.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Good time to sell Graham but no so to buy, albeit I sense dealers are prepared to decrease their margins given cars are selling like hot cakes. Our local dealers look like they've had all their stock stolen! Jag dealer had very few on their forecourt and what was there wasn't that brilliant, but I bet it still sells.
It's a bit annoying up here as cars always seemed to be a little more expensive up here, perhaps due to less turnaround. But they don't seem to apply the same increase to your trade-in! lol

I still don't get why we never got the 3.0 s/c in Sportbrake guise with either x250 or x260, hence the S4 Avant being appealing. I was initially looking at the S6 Avant but it would be older and not the engine I want. The supercharger in the S4 can be removed in 15 minutes giving you a lot of access, although I'm aware of the PCV valve issue and it's supposed to be quite a time consuming job.

Still not decided though and will keep an open mind.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts