Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that the drivers and passengers side footwell lights are flickering so I guess they need replacing, could someone please point me in the direction of what type of bulb I need?
Also, while I am here the car is red with red and black interior so would it be easy to make the footwell lights red if that is something I fancy doing?
I may also take this opportunity to change all the interior lights to LED including the overhead so are they the same bulb as well?

·
Registered
17,190 Posts
Just search for W5W LED bulbs on eBay. You don't need the "CANBUS error free" ones as Jaguar don't put their bulbs on the CANbus.

·
Registered
564 Posts
If worked by doorswitch, check contacts have not had wee bit of water ingress......caused flickering on a previous car I had, and contacts were like miniature shaving brushes.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Just search for W5W LED bulbs on eBay. You don't need the "CANBUS error free" ones as Jaguar don't put their bulbs on the CANbus.
John min......do the footwell light covers just lever off with such as trim tool.....? Just aboot to change mine to LED too. Would change the overhead (presumably) festoon bulbs, but only currently saving up for second pair of Y fronts......

·
Registered
7,483 Posts
The rear passenger seat lamps just prise off with a trim tool be careful though as the plastic covers are brittle and easy to break. On the fronts there are no covers just bare bulbs.The rear bulbs are a bayonet type rather than W5W .

·
Registered
17,190 Posts
John min......do the footwell light covers just lever off with such as trim tool.....? Just aboot to change mine to LED too. Would change the overhead (presumably) festoon bulbs, but only currently saving up for second pair of Y fronts......
KeV, there are no covers on the foot well lights. If you can, get your head down there (as the bishop said to the actress) or use a mirror.
There are no festoon bulbs in the XJ (well, in my 2015 variant anyway). All the ones I've swapped have been the W5W type except the vanity lights in the sun shades. These are T10 fitting but need to be slim. I'll post a photo of the ones I used, later.

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
there are bulbs under the front seats that illuminate the rear footwells? Anyone got pictures?
Only on selected models, my X260 R-Sport doesn't have them, neither did my X250 Luxury. Could be a trim level thing....

·
Registered
17,190 Posts
KeV, there are no covers on the foot well lights. If you can, get your head down there (as the bishop said to the actress) or use a mirror.
There are no festoon bulbs in the XJ (well, in my 2015 variant anyway). All the ones I've swapped have been the W5W type except the vanity lights in the sun shades. These are T10 fitting but need to be slim. I'll post a photo of the ones I used, later.
These are the LED bulbs I've used. T10 and two types of W5W . .

And for Kevin: This is the rear overhead console. You only need to open the lens, like so . .

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I'm not sure if the x260 is similar or the same to the x250, but I originally used these bulbs which were nice and bright, however, they were slightly too big and I never felt they were firmly seated. They also started to flicker within about 3-6 months.

I replaced them with these which are only a little less bright but slot in nice and tight.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
One of mine started flickering after about the same time Graham, good find on those lights, they look much more substantial, will order some - Thanks for the link. (y)

·
Registered
564 Posts
These are the LED bulbs I've used. T10 and two types of W5W . .

And for Kevin: This is the rear overhead console. You only need to open the lens, like so . .

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
There are wee plastic lenses on rear footwell lights, John, so should just lever offsky methinks. Thanks for bulb phoateez....most enlightenful.

·
Registered
17,190 Posts
There are wee plastic lenses on rear footwell lights, John, so should just lever offsky methinks. Thanks for bulb phoateez....most enlightenful.
Ah, yes. I forgot about the rear foot well lights.

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
Only on selected models, my X260 R-Sport doesn't have them, neither did my X250 Luxury. Could be a trim level thing....
Quoting myself, and an FYI for other X260 owners...

I had a look under the passenger and driver seats and found a loose three pin wiring connector. The X260 wiring diagram suggests it is a connector for an LED lamp unit for the rear footwell lighting.

Wire colours are:

Grey/Violet stripe
Brown/Yellow stripe
Black (ground)

The parts locator suggests this could be the one Jaguar Interior Lamp CPLA13776AA T2R9474 LR034050

X260 has W5W filament bulbs as follows:

Glovebox : x1
Boot (trunk) : x2
Drivers footwell : x2 (if not LED already)
Over head consoles and number plate lamps are LED already (on mine at least)

·
Registered
9,572 Posts
Quoting myself, and an FYI for other X260 owners...

I had a look under the passenger and driver seats and found a loose three pin wiring connector. The X260 wiring diagram suggests it is a connector for an LED lamp unit for the rear footwell lighting.

Wire colours are:

Grey/Violet stripe
Brown/Yellow stripe
Black (ground)

View attachment 180341

The parts locator suggests this could be the one Jaguar Interior Lamp CPLA13776AA T2R9474 LR034050

X260 has W5W filament bulbs as follows:

Glovebox : x1
Boot (trunk) : x2
Drivers footwell : x2 (if not LED already)
Over head consoles and number plate lamps are LED already (on mine at least)
Ooh good find Steve, likely mod (y)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts