Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following having a flat battery my key fob does not work, the engine can start but no central locking or boot opening, a local LR indie stated 2 to 3 hrs to reset but someone else suggests only 5 to 10minutes, is that possible ??, is there any other options to reset things ??

· Registered
3,796 Posts
Hi, I suggest that you PM either Onotole or MoJo88, I think that they may be able to help with your problem, they have proved extremely helpful to a number of forum members. Phil

· Registered
11,064 Posts
This is a 'fairly' common issue after a battery disconnect. 15 minutes tops and SDD is not required, some Autels can do it. Graham (@ninjag) had it and a local indie cured it for him quickly. It would help greatly if you put your location in your profile Paul so people could better help, for instance, E & E in Milton Keynes can do it but we have no idea where you are..

· Registered
4,845 Posts
If in lower Scotland Prestige Jaguar can do it. Was £60 about two years ago (adjust for inflation lol) and took 20 mins. When I called he said to come straight in, despite being busy etc. Excellent customer service.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A OBD reader is of no use, you need something that can programme, SDD, Autel etc.
Ok, I know Autel make obd readers so I thought maybe there was a chance, there’s a guy in Dudley offering to do it on Facebook, not a mechanic but has a Jag and SDD, and says he has fixed this problem before, are there any risks ??for someone unknown to do

· Registered
XF Sportbrake MY 2013 3.0 DS
458 Posts
Hi Paul,
I would say No. No risk. I think we are talking about the immobilization service action. Power supply + SDD + know where the action is located in the menu is enough to try it. Takes about 10 min including connecting the power supply. No reset. Just run this service function. I have done it 2 years ago without a power supply. Now I have one and recommend using one. If you don't have one, you can use another car via jump start cables.

Dirk

· Registered
727 Posts
I think this is the FB guy, i copied the below from there....

Jaguar XF remote lock/key not recognised issues.
I've been getting many requests from the group via word of mouth and I've done quite a few.
Issue one most common:
Car won't lock after battery disconnect. This is solved via immobilisation in SDD.
Issue two less common:
Key not recognised at all hence no ignition, immobilisation not possible.
This is done via cluster reprogram as it will bypass the key sequence, turns ignition itself and do the immobilisation at the end.
This will also update cluster to latest software, bonus.
Please don't throw suitcases of money on KVM module/keys and what not, I've never seen a faulty KVM module.
I charge 50 for it if you come with the car in Keighley or Shipley, West Yorksire. United Kingdom that is.
I can also do any sort of programming, retrofits, CCF editing.
I have the latest SDD and Pathfinder and I am the one selling the complete units on eBay over 110 sold.
Also do not throw money in any tools no matter what the sellers say, only SDD can do it no Autel etc.
Any questions please ask.
Thanks,
Paul
PS: Would be nice of other members which have SDD and can do this to post here so I can do a nice map of cities/areas covered.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts