Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
XF S
8 Posts
Just thought I would post on fitting led headlights if not fitted to your XF x260. I have these fitted a couple of months and have worked flawlessly . Very easy to fit requires removal of bumper and tapping into 2 wires each side and fitting a resistor to each of the indicator positive and negative wires .All works as it should .So anyone thinking of doing this it’s really simple . I took the liberty of swapping the chrome surround grille to a black surround whilst the bumper was off .

Before

View attachment 172826

After

View attachment 172828
Hi

After using these more now would you say the led’s are much better than the xenons at lighting up the road?
thanks

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
Me, not so sure. Definitely whiter. But do they illuminate the road ahead any further? Not so sure.
I changed mine for the aesthetics of the car, not to improve headlight performance.

·
Registered
XF S
8 Posts
Me, not so sure. Definitely whiter. But do they illuminate the road ahead any further? Not so sure.
I changed mine for the aesthetics of the car, not to improve headlight performance.
Thanks. I want them for better light on the road, not too bothered about the look. upgraded bulbs have worked for me

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
OK thanks. Tried fitting osram xenarthra night breaker laser HID bulbs. Made a big improvement.
I did the same. Better light than standard HiD bulbs.
Still considering an LED upgrade.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I have the nightbreaker L.A.S.E.R.

They are awesome.
I second these, amazing. But, look out for fakes, only buy from a trusted and reputable source.

·
Registered
XJ Portfolio.2014.Amethyst Black.
976 Posts
Agree. Although, I bought mine from James…
He sleeps on a bed of nails…..he is a faki……nah…..better no…..

21 - 32 of 32 Posts