Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would post on fitting led headlights if not fitted to your XF x260. I have these fitted a couple of months and have worked flawlessly . Very easy to fit requires removal of bumper and tapping into 2 wires each side and fitting a resistor to each of the indicator positive and negative wires .All works as it should .So anyone thinking of doing this it’s really simple . I took the liberty of swapping the chrome surround grille to a black surround whilst the bumper was off .

Before

Land vehicle Luxury vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

After

Land vehicle Vehicle Luxury vehicle Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Conor, where did you get the LED headlights ? Were they expensive ? How long did the job take ?
Sorry, questions, questions :)

·
Registered
9,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Paul

I got them on Ebay used from a 2017 car .You need to ensure they are UK spec versions .I managed to get the pair for £700. But I have seen them cheaper recently .Hardest part was taking off the bumper for the first time , knowing where all the screws etc are . Once you know the wires to tap into which I can advise job takes maybe 2 hours taking your time. I soldered all the wiring.

·
Registered
9,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is that the same friend who used a power hose through the front grille ? No they are XF specific.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Does the auto high beam and the cornering lights work?

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
Looks much nicer Conor, job well done methinks!! :cool:

·
Registered
63 Posts
No but otherwise they work as per the normal headlights.
Given that the HID's standard are pretty good, how do you find the LED. I have LED from the factory, so I only have a loaner XE with HID's to compare against while my XF was in for service.

·
Registered
9,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Given that the HID's standard are pretty good, how do you find the LED. I have LED from the factory, so I only have a loaner XE with HID's to compare against while my XF was in for service.
I haven’t noticed much difference . I put that down to not really having done much night driving.

·
Registered
2017 X260 2.0D Italian Racing Red Portfolio
30 Posts
Hi Paul

I got them on Ebay used from a 2017 car .You need to ensure they are UK spec versions .I managed to get the pair for £700. But I have seen them cheaper recently .Hardest part was taking off the bumper for the first time , knowing where all the screws etc are . Once you know the wires to tap into which I can advise job takes maybe 2 hours taking your time. I soldered all the wiring.
The Topix wiring diagrm shows a positive indicator line C1LF08/9-3 and a common earth are they the lines C1LF08/9-1 and if so what are the values

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Paul

Can you advise on the wiring adapation as I have the topix diagram and I assume CILF08/9-3 (indicator) and CILF08/9-1 (ground) are the wires concerned

·
Registered
9,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
From memory yes that sounds correct , I checked using a phase tester to make sure .
I think if you do a search I posted the wiring at the time.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Can you advise on the wiring adapation as I have the topix diagram and I assume CILF08/9-3 (indicator) and CILF08/9-1 (ground) are the wires concerned
Yes it is, pins 1 & 3 on each light.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I saw in another thread showing what looked like 25W Resistor. I would think that if the mod replicates a w5w bulb (5watts) then the max wattage resistor you need is 10W to avoid too much heat generation as the current should only be 0.4A so a 33Ohm resistor 10W should be fine.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts