Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read somewhere that fitting heated cooled 18 way adjustable seats to an X250 was a plug an play job.

After buying a full set from a 2014 car, to fit to my 2011 classic, I found that this isn't the case. I also found others who had tried it and had no success.

Well, it can be done! However, the heated cooled part requires a lot of extra wiring and a change to the car's CCF.

Basically, the driver's seat isn't too difficult, requiring the airbag connector plugs swapping and a few pins swapping round on the other 2 plugs.

The passenger seat is a lot more hassle. It needs the seat position sensor taking off the old seat and fitting to the new seat. It also needs a 'can' connection (easiest to tap it from the driver's side) otherwise it 'inches' when you try and move it.

The heated cooled function needs the electronic module (plus all the wiring to the seat connectors) wiring into the front junction box and the CCF modifying. I 90% made a harness from the module to both seats and to the CJB, however the wife preferred the old seats and after a few cold mornings, I've currently swapped back to the old heated seats as the centre console needs to come out and I don't have time and can't afford to have the card off the road!

Looks like my lovely sport seats will be going to a new home, but if anybody tries the mod in the future, it is doable!

·
Super Moderator
33,656 Posts
Well done for sorting the issue.

I think it’s documented here that fitting facelift seats in a non-facelift car is indeed not plug and play. Even fitting early facelift seats in a later model year car can be tricky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
379 Posts
Just as an addendum to this thread, I have successfully fitted some 18-way heated & cooled sports seats into my early XF to replace the 10-way heated and cooled original ones. The additional features of inflating bolsters, electric headrest etc. all worked with no configuration needed, might be useful if someone else is considering doing the same...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Jag enthusiasts, so trying to fit 18+way to XF Luxury, 2012MY with only heated 8way seats from factory.

So far, installed the seats BUT there are 2 problems:

Problem 1. The Seats were taken from a car ( that was disassembled in real time & so it registered all those Errors into Seats modules. Now everytime when starting the car, all the systems come FAULT: ABS, DSC, Pedestrian, Transmission etc. ).

As first thoughts, the seats have old VIN in them registered, while my car configuration has previous software number for Driver Seat Module (DSM) & PSM so I must overwrite the car config to SEE & RECOGNIZE new seats module & reprogram them under my VIN, right ? But how exactly ?

1. Configure New Module - Passenger Seat ?
2. or enterring Engineering mode in CCF but which option more exactly because there are many ?

View attachment 195189

View attachment 195191

View attachment 195192

View attachment 195193

How to be sure which option is the right option for my car ? Is there an SDD manual with all these options explained ? Or only in the factory Castle Bromwich?

---------------------------------------------

What I tried in the meantime:
(tried Diagnostics/ Seats move in inch mode & intermitent operation but after Configure Current Module it said "No available software parts for this module" - because it sees my old hardware & software for old seats:
Azure Rectangle Font Line Screenshot

instead of whats on the new seats module:
Font Material property Rectangle Event Label

1 - 4 of 4 Posts