Jaguar Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
The problem with going the headlining route is you have to be sure to run the wire BEHIND the airbags!!
I went the low road and ran the wire under the door treadplates.

Sent from my Nexus 10 and a Black XF-S
Do you get any DAB issues going the low road route? I've gone the headlining route, and used Ferrites. I can get radio 1 but not Kiss FM. I've been using a radio app on my phone via BT to work round the issue but it's not ideal.

James

·
Super Moderator
19,981 Posts
Do you get any DAB issues going the low road route? I've gone the headlining route, and used Ferrites. I can get radio 1 but not Kiss FM. I've been using a radio app on my phone via BT to work round the issue but it's not ideal.

James
The problem is the antenna is in the rear screen where you are sticking the camera

·
Registered
18,243 Posts

James
I also have a couple of ferrite cores around the wire which has largely cured any DAB problems. It does still drop out intermittently in weak signal areas but can't say I've noticed that it depends on what channel I have tuned at the time.

Sent from my Nexus 10 and a Black XF-S 😎

·
Registered
345 Posts
I too went the low route under the tread plates and was very pleased with the ease and tidiness of the installation. The camera had to be fitted at the bottom of the back window because anywhere else and it was hit by the rear electric sunblind. It did cause quite a bit of interference and cut-out on the DAB radio but I fitted a couple of ferrite cores, as suggested on this forum, quite close to the rear camera and there has been no interference or cut out since.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Anyone mounted the cam under the front grille at the engine or some other place directly in the front of the car?

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,780 Posts
Anyone mounted the cam under the front grille at the engine or some other place directly in the front of the car?
I wouldn't recommend it, wouldn't your range of vision be compromised?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I realise this topic is quite old now, but having just had the same issues as many, i.e. not finding a switched live in the cabin, I followed the mentioned route of wiring into the connector above the courtesy light console.
Found the perm live no problem, but couldn't find a switched live, per se. What I did find was a conductor which, with the engine off, was reading 9.2v, engine running, 14.5v. After killing the engine, took a few minutes to drop back to 9.2v, but not a major issue. So, luckily, I have a bag of the correct terminals for this grey multiplug and made a decent job of connecting the Nextbase harness in. All working nicely, and as others have said, this location is ideal as its right by where you'll normally fit the camera!
Oh, forgot to mention, this relates to the face-lift XF.

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Neatly done d3mje.. I would also say welcome to the forum but it looks like you've been here a while!!

Welcome anyway!.. :cool:

21 - 29 of 29 Posts