Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Our Ateca, which has been a fine car, has just had it's first MOT and was browsing Autotrader and spotted an F-Pace at Stratstone Jaguar in Nottingham.

20 reg Portfolio 2.0 litre petrol, Firenze red, driver assist pack, 22" alloys and just 13 miles on the clock for £38K, apparently it's been in a showroom its whole life. I prefer the R- Sport or Chequered flag styling as the grey/black sills spoil it a bit but it's still a looker.

Driving up to Nottingham on Saturday from Hastings. Already got a mobile tow bar fitter lined up for next week, I've been warned about the coding issues around reversing sensors and fog light.

I don't know whether it has a spare wheel or the foam kit, if it's the latter I'll be on the lookout for a wheel kit. Could some kind soul post a picture or two of what's needed? For example is this everything needed?

GENUINE UNUSED 18” JAGUAR F- PACE space saver spare wheel & jacking kit | eBay

All the best, Mutley.

·
Registered
20,258 Posts
Hello Mutley. Welcome to the forum and the wonderful, sometimes surreal world of Jaguar ownership. Where on occasion, Jags pulling mobile houses are spotted. Weird! ;)

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Hello & welcome, stay safe. Currently looking into getting an F-Pace myself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hello Mutley. Welcome to the forum and the wonderful, sometimes surreal world of Jaguar ownership. Where on occasion, Jags pulling mobile houses are spotted. Weird! ;)
Snigger, the tow bar is strictly for a cycle rack only.

The F-Pace wasn't something I was originally looking at. I really fancied an Evoque, never driven one, never been in one. Once the COVID restrictions had eased and I could get test drive with my nearest JLR dealer Mme. Muttley and I had a pootle round the Ashford area in an Evoque First Edition. It was bl00dy gorgeous, I could have stood and looked at it all day but.....it was too small.
Sounds like a ridiculous complaint in a car of that size, but the cabin was too cramped and a couple of suitcases, that our Ateca swallowed along with a cabin bag, wouldn't go in.

I was quite taken by the F-Pace in the showroom and asked if there was one available for a drive, they had a 2019 R-Sport diesel. Initially felt like a shed compared to the Evoque but driving around we warmed to it. Had a nose in a new one in the showroom which, of course, we weren't allowed to get into. Apart from the tablet that looked as if it had been glued to the dash as an afterthought I thought it was stunning.

As ever with car purchases the one you really want is always just out of your price range, maybe next time. Anyway, picking up the Portfolio tomorrow, I'll post a pic or two over the weekend.

All the best, Mutley.

·
19,677 Posts
Welcome Mutley,

you'll be glad you opted for the F-Pace and not the Ewok - especially if it was a diesel version - non close coupled DPF regenerations have been causing issues for the Ewok, Disco Sport and a few others.

F-Pace is not affected, as it has a close coupled DPF.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures ;)

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
You’ll love the F-Pace.

That’s all :)

Welcome to the Forum, share your experiences and join in with the craic.

I coded the towbar on my XF myself.
There are a number of things that are added in that which allow the car to react differently when the light module is plugged in.

If you’re not towing or planning to tow in the future then the coding isn’t essential. The lights should all work without it.

If you are, then get it coded as once the car detects the lights being plugged in it changes the proportion of braking slightly more to the rear, adjusts reverse sensors, pops a flasher telltale on the dash to let you know the lights are working and adds hitch assist to the rear camera graphics.

·
Registered
2019 X260 XF R Sport Sportbrake
59 Posts
I got my XF from that dealer. Personally I wouldn’t go there again. Very poor customer service after the sale. 3-4 days waiting for a email reply is the norm. Go over your buy with a fine tooth comb. I know warranty cover is there, but you don’t want it in your local dealer for a major engine job after 1000 mile when Stratstone told you that the engine noise is normal for that car.

·
Super Moderator
29,833 Posts
Welcome aboard Mutley, that’s one fine car you’ve bagged yourself and for a very reasonable price too, enjoy 😁

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I was sorely tempted by a Tarraco Hybrid - just too big for what is now a 2-person family. Value for money-wise it was difficult to beat.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got my XF from that dealer. Personally I wouldn’t go there again. Very poor customer service after the sale. 3-4 days waiting for a email reply is the norm. Go over your buy with a fine tooth comb. I know warranty cover is there, but you don’t want it in your local dealer for a major engine job after 1000 mile when Stratstone told you that the engine noise is normal for that car.
I live 200 miles away for the Stratsone, I'm unlikely to ever use their services again and yes, I shall be going over every inch of it. I suppose there may have been one or two careless punters climbing in and out of it but how much can be wrong with a car with just 13 miles on the clock? I shall of course be wanting evidence of the first service that I understand is required on petrol versions at 12 months.

I was sorely tempted by a Tarraco Hybrid - just too big for what is now a 2-person family. Value for money-wise it was difficult to beat.
They're great cars and great value but, as you say, do you need a 7 seater? Stratstone offered me £500 less for the Ateca than WBAC were offering, usual comments that with the fees and whatever they knock off for the slightest of imperfections would end up being the same as they were offering.

I took it to my local Seat dealer from where I bought the Ateca and they offered me £300 more than WBAC.

Right, I'm off to Nottingham, wish me luck.

All the best, Mutley.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
Good Luck!

·
Registered
8,065 Posts

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Hello everyone, just to say i am a proud owner of an XF and new on this platform
Hello & welcome. You may wish to start your own thread to tell us more about yourself & the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All went well, car is back safe and sound. Have to say the lad at Stratstone was great. The car was missing mats so took a set out of a showroom car and when asked where the nearest petrol station was, rather than giving directions, jumped into an Evoque for me to follow where he paid for a full tank of fuel 😀

Lovely drive back, and was pleasantly surprised at the smooth ride with those massive wheels. Road noise wasn't bad on that section of the M25 between the A10 and M3, racket the Ateca makes on that stretch is appalling. Mind you this was on the opposite site of the road.

Right, I'm off to the F-Pace forum to talk about spare wheels.

All the best, Mutley.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Looking good, how did you find the engine performance, was your previous Ateca a diesel?

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
All went well, car is back safe and sound. Have to say the lad at Stratstone was great. The car was missing mats so took a set out of a showroom car and when asked where the nearest petrol station was, rather than giving directions, jumped into an Evoque for me to follow where he paid for a full tank of fuel 😀

Lovely drive back, and was pleasantly surprised at the smooth ride with those massive wheels. Road noise wasn't bad on that section of the M25 between the A10 and M3, racket the Ateca makes on that stretch is appalling. Mind you this was on the opposite site of the road.

View attachment 186275

Right, I'm off to the F-Pace forum to talk about spare wheels.

All the best, Mutley.
Good Lord.. was he new and still in his trial period do you think... :LOL:

Reactions: idrobbo

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 19 of 19 Posts