Jaguar Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Collected it this morning and been playing around in and with it all day! Now registered, stamp duty paid ($5,080!!), insured and generic rego plates installed. Will order custom plates soon, still not decided what to get.
Jeez it's low compared to the XFR, you don't get in it you fall into it!
No chance for a decent fang yet, need to get out of the 'burbs first. But the exhaust is just as epic as the videos portray.
Quick wash and interior clean, came up pretty good, but it needs a clay, DA polish and wax yet before I take some more pics and post them up.
No faults or problems identified so far, just a handful of quite small stone chips on the bonnet, roof and doors, touch-up paint already ordered.
I thought it had configurable active suspension but I can't find any trace of it, bit of a let down.
Also strange that even though it has the top of the range Meridian 770W sound system it doesn't have an iPod port, just USB and Aux ports, where the XFR has all three.
Already started with the mods, bright white COB LEDs now in the under-door puddle lights.
Got the overhead console out but for the life of me could not figure out how to access the globes. They don't sit in easy to access globe holders like the XF, it seems you have to lever the clear panel off somehow but I couldn't manage it.
Of to show it to the GF soon, and she has invited her best friend around for a gander. The best friend (a woman) is a bit of a petrol head and is dying to check it out.
Pity the GF is the classic "little old lady" driver, she makes Miss Daisy look like a hoon, so I may have to go easy on the active exhaust button, dynamic mode and the go pedal for a while yet.

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
Yowser! That is stunning Kim...enjoy!!! :ebil:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Looks great and love the nose of the car. Latest incarnation makes nose worse but Jag have a history of making cars look worse as they progress E type etc.

Possibly regret not trading in 5 litre N/A when got Aston (yes will work on a nose job soon when time permits). Can I ask if you decided after F type to get rid of XFR or if that was always intention.

on mine I've put new brakes/pads all round and gone from budgets to MPSSs and it takes 4 plus luggage around in quick style so will try to keep to 6 months or so to see how it goes over summer.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
What a beast.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Looks great and love the nose of the car. Latest incarnation makes nose worse but Jag have a history of making cars look worse as they progress E type etc.

Possibly regret not trading in 5 litre N/A when got Aston (yes will work on a nose job soon when time permits). Can I ask if you decided after F type to get rid of XFR or if that was always intention.

on mine I've put new brakes/pads all round and gone from budgets to MPSSs and it takes 4 plus luggage around in quick style so will try to keep to 6 months or so to see how it goes over summer.
My plan was always to get an F-Type eventually, when used ones came down enough in price for me to afford one, and then to sell the XFR. I don't have any need for two cars.
I expected to be waiting at least another two years before the prices dropped enough, and I wanted a red manual coupe S.
Then this one appeared out of nowhere at a real steal of a price, between $30,000 and $50,000 less than market value and $100,000 less than new price, so I jumped all over it!
Unfortunately that meant that I had to borrow a fair whack of money to pay for it, but still less than what I expected to recoup from selling the XFR, so the plan was to sell the XFR reasonably quickly, pay off the loan, and I'm laughing.
But of course things didn't quite go to plan, I still haven't sold the XFR after six months, and I'm still paying scads of loan interest!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts