Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
unless I've missed something when I RTFM, it looks like both live services and online media have to come through a SIM card .

Google, for example functions perfectly via the phone bur the weather , news, updates and online media ( I use spotify) not.
I'm getting a pop up saying I have no longer have enough data.

As you know JLR have a tie in with an offshoot of O2 I believe
Their data plans aren't very cost effective not when I get 40gig off giff gaff for £20.

which begs the question...does the sim have to be data only I wonder?

I will try that tomorrow...in the meantime my first beer of the day beckons

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Would that be the second first beer of the day Dave?... :D

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would that be the second first beer of the day Dave?... :D
Nope,
genuinely my first.
power tools , chisels and booze don't mix well.

I'm now caning it as I'm cooking (again) in a bit.

😄

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
My in-car eSIM(data only), equipped with the car, is provided by Ubigi (Transatel)......and is used for the news/weather/in-car Spotify/etc......

Sent from BLUE heaven using Tapatalk

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My in-car eSIM(data only), equipped with the car, is provided by Ubigi (Transatel)......and is used for the news/weather/in-car Spotify/etc......

that's just it sir.
before, in the X260, you could use your mobile as the hotspot.

·
Registered
47 Posts
There seems a problem on all JLRs cars with Live apps and the showing of the out of data message, this started a few days ago and seems to affect all system versions, cars and countries. Hopefully JLR will fix this when back to work on Monday.

Reactions: DAVENN

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
Hmmmm, haven't been in my car for a few days, so can't say if there are presently issues per se.......but up to then I have had no issues

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There seems a problem on all JLRs cars with Live apps and the showing of the out of data message, this started a few days ago and seems to affect all system versions, cars and countries. Hopefully JLR will fix this when back to work on Monday.
thank you sir.
I've mailed the dealers for a clue.

Reactions: lozcart

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
Yep, just checked - received this message

Reactions: lozcart and DAVENN

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, just checked - received this message

.cheers.

that doesn't answer if the live services have to use the sim... i hope not.

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
.cheers.

I would say so.......or WiFi when at home

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
.cheers.

Actually maybe not, as you can connect to your mob hotspot, so just like WiFi you should be able to get services....................

·
Registered
47 Posts
The Live services do need a data source, either a data only Sim within the slot in the car (I use a Three mobile Sim) or use your mobile phone as a personal hotspot and connect the car to it via wifi.

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Live services do need a data source, either a data only Sim within the slot in the car (I use a Three mobile Sim) or use your mobile phone as a personal hotspot and connect the car to it via wifi.
correct.
mine has stopped doing so .
I wonder if this is connected?

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually maybe not, as you can connect to your mob hotspot, so just like WiFi you should be able to get services....................

that's just it, that's no longer working.
I will take the sim out, as even when deselected in settings I was still getting the warning.

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
that's just it, that's no longer working.
I will take the sim out, as even when deselected in settings I was still getting the warning.
I am too - warning when connected to internal SIM, WiFi & mob hotspot.......looks to be an issue.....centralised server I suspect

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
And another thank you.
The F-Pace has been doing this for a few days despite having only used half of its 100mb data allocation this month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am too - warning when connected to internal SIM, WiFi & mob hotspot.......looks to be an issue.....centralised server I suspect

can you not access the live servuces via your phone too?
I'm going to try via the house WiFi later, I suspect that it won't make any difference.

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
can you not access the live servuces via your phone too?
As of last night - no access via in-car SIM/WiFi/mob hotspot

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
Still on 19c.....IE. no sw updates, so suspect a centralised source, if affecting all JLR products.......

1 - 20 of 52 Posts