Jaguar Forum banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Firm Rampant Member
16,085 Posts
Not that long ago when a heater was an optional extra in a British car. As were sun visors etc. Even pasenger seats on some!
Then along came fully equipped from scratch at no extra cost Datsuns etc. And the rise of company cars saw spec levels increase along with the spec level badges - Ford played that game splendidly.

The european car sales model has long been "everything is an extra sir" - Porsche still do that.
haven't we all owned, rented or simply driven a car with more blanking covers than switches and dials ?

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
haven't we all owned, rented or simply driven a car with more blanking covers than switches and dials ?
Used to be a form of snobbery, "My GLS has only 3 dash switch blanks, I believe your lowly L has 5?"

Reactions: DAVENN

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
My Metro City had more blanks than switches

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
David, if you are doing a custom spec I’d thoroughly recommend adding opening to the panoramic roof.
The opening pano roof on our F-Pace is wonderful.

·
Super Moderator
29,143 Posts
David, if you are doing a custom spec I’d thoroughly recommend adding opening to the panoramic roof.
The opening pano roof on our F-Pace is wonderful.
I don't believe it's an option on the I-PACE.

·
Registered
20,257 Posts
Well, mobile phone manufacturers now play the same game as car makers. With a tiny, incremental improvement(?) to the spec', you bring out a new model every year. And guess what? We're the schmucks who drive that nonsense by always wanting the "latest".

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
11,398 Posts
Well, mobile phone manufacturers now play the same game as car makers. With a tiny, incremental improvement(?) to the spec', you bring out a new model every year. And guess what? We're the schmucks who drive that nonsense by always wanting the "latest".
speak for yourself! ;)

·
Registered
20,257 Posts
Reactions: Gav

·
Firm Rampant Member
16,085 Posts
I've never really gone for all this phone or tech envy cobblers.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
This morning we drove to Stirling, parked my Mum’s Freelander in the dealer car park and headed for home in the IPace demonstrator.

The dealer car is a Black SE with Black Leather.

It was around a 50 mile trip back from the dealer, it was on 98% charge when we left the dealer, and then after getting home it was on 77% which seemed pretty good given the few squirts it had on the way home.

Initial impressions are that it drives very nicely, holds the road well and feels firm and planted through the bends. With the regenerative braking set to high you really can drive it on one pedal. Lifting off just before a corner, turning in and giving it some was good fun. It was very easy to make good progress in it.

This evening we tried two of the local EVolt chargers. The status on the charger was green but when plugging it in the car showed an error. It turns out the chargers are run by ChargePlace Scotland and despite the screen saying “Present card or touch screen” they won’t charge without the card being presented. Seems nuts, especially given they were free vend chargers.

We’ve not done a huge number of miles in it and it would have had plenty of charge to get back to the dealer tomorrow but we’ve got it plugged in charging on the 13A plug tonight.

My Dad seems to be quite taken by it and if he can get a decent enough deal he reckons he’ll buy one. I must admit I was really taken by it too and if I could afford one I’d have one to replace the wife’s car.

David.

·
Firm Rampant Member
16,085 Posts
This morning we drove to Stirling, parked my Mum’s Freelander in the dealer car park and headed for home in the IPace demonstrator.

The dealer car is a Black SE with Black Leather.

View attachment 186152

View attachment 186153

View attachment 186154

View attachment 186155

View attachment 186156

It was around a 50 mile trip back from the dealer, it was on 98% charge when we left the dealer, and then after getting home it was on 77% which seemed pretty good given the few squirts it had on the way home.

Initial impressions are that it drives very nicely, holds the road well and feels firm and planted through the bends. With the regenerative braking set to high you really can drive it on one pedal. Lifting off just before a corner, turning in and giving it some was good fun. It was very easy to make good progress in it.

This evening we tried two of the local EVolt chargers. The status on the charger was green but when plugging it in the car showed an error. It turns out the chargers are run by ChargePlace Scotland and despite the screen saying “Present card or touch screen” they won’t charge without the card being presented. Seems nuts, especially given they were free vend chargers.

We’ve not done a huge number of miles in it and it would have had plenty of charge to get back to the dealer tomorrow but we’ve got it plugged in charging on the 13A plug tonight.

View attachment 186157

My Dad seems to be quite taken by it and if he can get a decent enough deal he reckons he’ll buy one. I must admit I was really taken by it too and if I could afford one I’d have one to replace the wife’s car.

David.
don't blame him .
lovely motor.

why not simply replace your wife's car and blame a man for making you do it.

I'm looking forward to see how the regenerative braking works on the Velar.
I suppose it feels like driving a dodgem car, when you lift off the pedal, or is it a tad more subtle?

·
Super Moderator
29,143 Posts
Shame it’s an old model with ICTP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
I’m glad it wasn’t Pivi Pro as it was very laggy when pushing buttons. At least that means the one he buys will be better 😀

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
I suppose it feels like driving a dodgem car, when you lift off the pedal, or is it a tad more subtle?
There’s 2 settings for regenerative braking. Low and High. On high it’s very pronounced, the only time you need the brakes is when coming to a complete stop if you’re able to see far enough ahead.

The only thing I didn’t notice this time was the spaceship noise the last one I drove made in dynamic mode.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
I’m actually becoming incredibly surprised at how hard it is to get a Jaguar dealer to take money these days!

David.

Reactions: idrobbo and ChrisSB

·
Firm Rampant Member
16,085 Posts
I’m actually becoming incredibly surprised at how hard it is to get a Jaguar dealer to take money these days!

David.
my local dealer is reporting that business is booming.
Hardly surprising.

·
Super Moderator
29,832 Posts
my local dealer is reporting that business is booming.
Hardly surprising.
All car showrooms have ignited, this will only lead to the deals drying up 😱

·
Firm Rampant Member
16,085 Posts
All car showrooms have ignited, this will only lead to the deals drying up 😱
yep.. hence why I jumped 6 months early

·
Firm Rampant Member
16,085 Posts
61 - 80 of 87 Posts