Jaguar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Taggarts Jaguar in Glasgow will allow an unaccompanied test drive but for no longer than an hour.

Parks Jaguar in Ayr aren't doing test drives at all until 26th April and when they restart it'll be an accompanied one for 30 minutes or so.

I'm just waiting to hear back from Pentland in Stirling now. The dealership in Edinburgh, Perth and Dundee are Pentland also so if Stirling can't help, I can't imagine any of them will be able to.

The only other option is Peter Vardy in Aberdeen but you're looking at 3hrs each way and if only borrowing one for 24hours that's a bit of a hassle.

I never thought this would be so difficult!

David.

·
19,742 Posts
Taggarts Jaguar in Glasgow will allow an unaccompanied test drive but for no longer than an hour.

Parks Jaguar in Ayr aren't doing test drives at all until 26th April and when they restart it'll be an accompanied one for 30 minutes or so.

I'm just waiting to hear back from Pentland in Stirling now. The dealership in Edinburgh, Perth and Dundee are Pentland also so if Stirling can't help, I can't imagine any of them will be able to.

The only other option is Peter Vardy in Aberdeen but you're looking at 3hrs each way and if only borrowing one for 24hours that's a bit of a hassle.

I never thought this would be so difficult!

David.
Avoid Peter Vardy in Aberdeen like the plague Dave. 1st hand experience of then being utter cowboys, with no sense of the meaning of customer service. They'll take your money quick and happily enough - but woe betide if you have any problems. I'm surprised they still have a JLR franchise tbh.

Reactions: dhallworth

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Pentland in Stirling have just come back to us. They're happy to accommodate the request. :)

Looks like we're getting it a week tomorrow at 9am on the Saturday to return it at 11am on the Sunday.

David.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Looks like Dad has decided on a spec for the IPace now. He has said that as long as he's happy after he's driven it next weekend he's going to order one. Should be a nicely spec'd car really.

Aberdeen Jaguar have offered a decent price through CarWow.

PCP is worth it to get the deposit contribution which is £5k and then the finance can be gotten rid of within 14 days with no penalties so that's a no brainer really.

I'm cautious of Aberdeen Jaguar after previous warnings but if the price is right for buying then it makes sense as any Jaguar dealer can sort the car out once we've got it home I guess.

David.

Reactions: DAVENN and ChrisSB

·
Super Moderator
29,378 Posts

Reactions: dhallworth

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Arse... All of the CarWow quotes have just expired and the options lists from Jaguar have changed today adding around £1400 to the build.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Just looking on the Jaguar configurator, the available packs have changed, the black pack has gone up £50, the cabin air ionisation has gone from £85 to £160, and a few of the other options have all jumped in price today too.

A home charging cable is now £220.

·
Super Moderator
29,378 Posts
They are charging for the granny cable now? Shocking! You don't need it normally but handy in a pinch. My wife used ours recently when she popped to her sister's in Reading.

·
Firm Rampant Member
16,488 Posts
Just looking on the Jaguar configurator, the available packs have changed, the black pack has gone up £50, the cabin air ionisation has gone from £85 to £160, and a few of the other options have all jumped in price today too.
I managed to get a bit of a deal on my nice to haves ... with the £440 connected pack coming in at just over £200 .

I felt that, as things pick up, pricing would stiffen a tad .
Is this now the case?

·
Firm Rampant Member
16,488 Posts
They are charging for the granny cable now? Shocking! You don't need it normally but handy in a pinch. My wife used ours recently when she popped to her sister's in Reading.
subtle.

whilst many marques are binning the granny chargers, JLR still supply .

·
Super Moderator
29,378 Posts
subtle.

JLR have just joined the other manufacturers in charging for them.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Bend you over for is more apt... £220 for the cable...

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Substituting a few things here and there and adding a couple of things on CarWow has made just over a grand of a difference so it's not the end of the world I guess.

Gone from £70,068 to £71,344.

David.

·
Firm Rampant Member
16,488 Posts
JLR have just joined the other manufacturers in charging for them.
looks like I dodged that bullet too.

My point was that they are frowned upon.
Let's be honest, they are supposed to be for ad hoc use BUT how many will use them ,as opposed to a proper home set up?

·
Firm Rampant Member
16,488 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,378 Posts
looks like I dodged that bullet too.

My point was that they are frowned upon.
Let's be honest, they are supposed to be for ad hoc use BUT how many will use them ,as opposed to a proper home set up?
There's absolutely no reason why they can't be used all the time. I know many EV owners that do.

Reactions: DAVENN

·
Firm Rampant Member
16,488 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·

Reactions: DAVENN
21 - 40 of 112 Posts