Jaguar Forum banner
241 - 256 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #241 ·
That’s very odd… I was told HUD was dropped a long while ago too.

Ours was meant to be built today but the woman whose dealing with the order is on annual leave so I won‘t know until I call her on Monday to see if it’s showing as built.

Did they tell you when yours was going into build?

In July ours was delayed 3 days before it was meant to be built, in August it was delayed a week or so before it was due to be built, in September the build date came and went and a week later they updated the systems saying it wasn’t built so we’re really not expecting much this time around.

David.

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Firm Rampant Member
18,022 Posts

Ours was meant to be built today but the woman whose dealing with the order is on annual leave so I won‘t know until I call her on Monday to see if it’s showing as built.

In July ours was delayed 3 days before it was meant to be built, in August it was delayed a week or so before it was due to be built, in September the build date came and went and a week later they updated the systems saying it wasn’t built so we’re really not expecting much this time around.

David.
I was told that HUD were being despecced, months ago ( possibly April, May)...certainly on the Velar
The cynic in me would suggest that JLR only balls them up , later, anyway.

·
Registered
137 Posts

David.
I was expecting to be told the HUD was dropped when I was updated on the delivery date at the end of August (it was a stock order from the dealer who put in the best bid so was ordered probably May/June) - they slipped the date by 3 weeks at that point but confirmed no other changes!

They said build next week with it due to the dealers around the 25th, and delivery to me within 10 days of it arriving.

But like you I am sceptical, so I am holding off selling my XJ until I have confirmation its built (on the plus side the XJ is appreciating nicely 👍)

Reactions: dhallworth

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #244 ·
* STOP THE PRESS *

It's built! It's no longer a figment of our imaginations and is now a physical thing!

It was due to be built on 8th October but is showing as having been built on 4th October (at least it's not a Friday car now!). It needs to go through Quality Control and then it can be called over from Austria by the dealer. She reckons 2 weeks from passing it QC to it being at the dealer.

The countdown is on!

David.

·
Administrator
29,868 Posts
🤞

·
Administrator
27,996 Posts
What can possibly go wrong? :D

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #249 ·
Dad got an email today with the chassis number on it confirming that it should arrive at the dealer on 22nd October!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·
Email update from the dealer today confirmed that it is now with the shippers somewhere between the factory and the dealership.

All going to plan, it should still be with them on 22nd Oct!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Email update from the dealer today confirmed that it is now with the shippers somewhere between the factory and the dealership.

All going to plan, it should still be with them on 22nd Oct!
Great news, it sounds like your car is a few days ahead of mine, I am awaiting the confirmation it’s left the factory and the date they expect it (is currently still down as the 25th).

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #252 ·
I wonder if they’ll be on the same boat and making their way to the dealers on different days… 🤔

Which dealer are you getting yours from?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I wonder if they’ll be on the same boat and making their way to the dealers on different days… 🤔

Which dealer are you getting yours from?
Mine is from Swansway in Crewe (through Lex)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #254 ·
The car should now be in the UK and should have arrived at the dealer today. Didn’t hear anything from the dealer but am hoping we get an update on Monday now.

David.

·
Firm Rampant Member
18,022 Posts
The car should now be in the UK and should have arrived at the dealer today. Didn’t hear anything from the dealer but am hoping we get an update on Monday now.

David.
didn't you hear about that ship that beached itself off the sw coast of England?

• Haha
Reactions: dhallworth

·
Registered
137 Posts

David.
Interesting, I had an update from Lex yesterday on my order to say it was delayed by another 10 days, pushing it back from end of October until early November arrival. 🙁

Slightly annoying but not the end of the world - I’d even got the personalised plates off and the V5 back ready to sell the XJ, but it hopefully gives me time to get the reversing camera fixed under warranty now - every cloud!

241 - 256 of 256 Posts