221 - 240 of 256 Posts

·
Super Moderator
30,532 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #223 ·
We've looked at the ones that are readily available but they're all fairly basic spec'd cars. Not many of them have air suspension and some of the ones that do have 22" alloys which are a no go as they affect the range and will no doubt end up buckled thanks to the state of the roads.

The car we're waiting on has most of the options spec'd on it which is probably why it's delayed.

Secure Tracker Pro
Park Assist Pack
3D Surround Camera
Park Assist(Full Auto)
Cabin Air Ionisation with PM2.5 filter
Front Cupholders - Twin Covered
Suspension - Active Air
Suspension - Adaptive Dynamics
Exterior Pack - Black
Fixed Panoramic Roof
Treadplates - Illuminated, Jaguar script
Premium cabin lighting
Activity Key
Tailgate / Boot Lid - Powered, Gesture
Pack - Technology
Wireless Charger with Booster
Interior Mirror - ClearSight
Adaptive Surface Response

David.

·
Super Moderator
30,532 Posts
I never saw the need for secure tracker pro, all it does it monitor the keys. The I-PACE isn't vulnerable to the relay theft now and it's pretty hard to add new keys without the existing ones.

I will guarantee they won't use the Activity Key.

All HSEs have the powered tailgate.

Our courtesy car had the wireless charger with booster, great for the phone connection, but terrible for GPS. So if they use CarPlay or Android Auto, GPS apps won't be able to get a signal.

I wish our car had the clearsight camera. Can't be retrofitted from what I've been told.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #225 ·
The Clear Sight kit was £500, the wireless charger on it's own it was £330 but the Technology Pack which includes both was £660. He wasn't fussed on the wireless charger but it made sense to add the technology pack rather the spec'ing the Clear Sight Mirror on it's own for £500.

Dad goes fishing regularly with a group of people he used to work with before retirement. The Activity Key was appealing as it doubles as a watch and a car key. Less likelihood of the key going missing or dropping it whilst getting on and off the boat that they use. During the summer months, it's usually 2 or 3 times a month they go fishing so it won't be used much but will be used at times. At £305 it's not that expensive and is cheaper then a replacement key should the worst happen :)

It's the gesture tailgate that was the optional extra on this one. It was £105. Again, handy for when he returns to the car after a days fishing carrying the outboard, a 12v battery, fishing rod, bags, etc.

David.

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Super Moderator
30,532 Posts
The Clear Sight kit was £500, the wireless charger on it's own it was £330 but the Technology Pack which includes both was £660. He wasn't fussed on the wireless charger but it made sense to add the technology pack rather the spec'ing the Clear Sight Mirror on it's own for £500.

Dad goes fishing regularly with a group of people he used to work with before retirement. The Activity Key was appealing as it doubles as a watch and a car key. Less likelihood of the key going missing or dropping it whilst getting on and off the boat that they use. During the summer months, it's usually 2 or 3 times a month they go fishing so it won't be used much but will be used at times. At £305 it's not that expensive and is cheaper then a replacement key should the worst happen :)

It's the gesture tailgate that was the optional extra on this one. It was £105. Again, handy for when he returns to the car after a days fishing carrying the outboard, a 12v battery, fishing rod, bags, etc.

David.

That's weird, gesture tailgate is standard on mine.

I reckon he'll use the activity key twice and then just carry the key. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: dhallworth

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
Probably, however, when he was ordering the IPace he was looking for a cheap watch to use for fishing so he might well use it. If he doesn't use it, he'll forget he has it and then I can swipe the IPace without actually needing to have one of the keys 😀

When we started looking the gesture tailgate was standard, but on the 22MY it became a £105 option. 🙄

• Sad

·
Super Moderator
30,532 Posts
Jaguar options are crazy. All over the place. In MY21 we lost steering assist, it wasn't even an option, but in MY22 it's back.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #229 ·
Indeed. Gesture tailgate was standard on my sisters Evoque in 2017.

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
...Apparently now he’s gone to the effort of installing the car charger he’s not changing now.
Have you then, been photographing all of the hard work your Dad has done.. and then, on jaginfo, been pretending that it was actually you that did it all along David?... :unsure:

;)

😂

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 ·
I should rephrase that… I’ve gone to the effort of installing the charger and he’s paid for it!

Installation costs were £950 and he reckons it’s not worth changing the car now it’s paid for and installed.

Reactions: PeteA

·
Super Moderator
30,532 Posts
Get an electric JCB. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Not wasted, I suspect at some point we will all have to go in that direction.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #235 ·
I dread to think what one of those machines costs!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #236 ·
Curiosity got the better of my so I looked up those electric mini diggers online… a 2 year old one is £29.5k. I thought this was expensive but a 2 year old 3CX is £65k.

Our 3CX was 1/3 of the cost of the little machine 10 years ago! Fair enough it was much older but it’s a much bigger and much more useful machine.

When I last spoke to the dealer the IPace was ordered from on Thursday last week she told me to call her back today and she’d see if there were any updates. I called her at 16:30 and she looked on the systems. One system still shows a build date of 8th October.

The other system shows the progress status as “In Build” and when she looked into it a bit more it shows as “In Trim”. When I asked which system we should believe she wasn’t sure and said that we should check again at the end of the week to see if anything has changed.

So… to summarise… it might or might not be in build. 🙄

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
A 20 tonne JCB track machine would require a battery pack that weighs 8 tonnes. The battery pack alone is £250k.

Hence the move to building their own hydrogen engines.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #238 ·
Interesting numbers. I knew the batteries would be expensive but didn’t realise they’d be that expensive!

For all the use ours gets, we’ll stick with the diesel one that we fill every 6 months with cherries and berries I think ;)

Reactions: Statler and ChrisSB

·
Registered
137 Posts
Interesting update today for my order - its going into build, but there will be No HUD as the fearure has been removed from the 2022 build/spec for the HSE.

No change to the price (of course) and I could cancel without penalty but new orders have very significant delays/lead times.

I‘m not really bothered by the loss of HUD so I have confirmed that I still want it and I am expecting a delivery update next week once it’s built…..

Reactions: DAVENN and ChrisSB

·
Super Moderator
30,532 Posts
Interesting update today for my order - its going into build, but there will be No HUD as the fearure has been removed from the 2022 build/spec for the HSE.

No change to the price (of course) and I could cancel without penalty but new orders have very significant delays/lead times.

I‘m not really bothered by the loss of HUD so I have confirmed that I still want it and I am expecting a delivery update next week once it’s built…..
I'm surprised you weren't told earlier. HUD was dropped months ago. I personally love it.

221 - 240 of 256 Posts