Jaguar Forum banner
201 - 220 of 238 Posts

·
Firm Rampant Member
17,586 Posts
Still no word from the dealer on the order status of the IPace today so at 5.30 curiosity got the better of me.

I called the saleswoman and asked them for an update. The car wasn’t showing as built on the systems but it wasn’t showing as not built and the delivery date to the dealer hasn’t changed.

She explained that JLR are focussing on the IPace as they’re using it to offset the carbon emission from the bigger vehicles with it being their only EV and she advised that she’d be surprised if it hadn’t been built going on what she’s seen to date.

I asked her whilst I was on the phone about the presentation box for the keys at handover. Apparently because it’s been ordered through Drive the Deal there is zero margin in it for the dealers and the presentation boxes are around £25. I’ve told her that I’ll pay for the presentation box so that they can be given it at handover with the keys in it. The last car they bought new was their Range Rover in 2012 which they‘ve still got along with the little bits and pieces they were given at handover so it’ll be nice for them to get something with the IPace. It’s probably daft but in my mind it’s a nice touch and a nice thing to have.

I also asked her about having them leave it as it is when it arrives and not washing/valeting it as it’ll be going in to get coated when it gets home. She mentioned that if we do that it’ll likely have sticker marks on it and it could be pretty dirty as it’ll be going through the docks in Austria and in the UK. I’m thinking that they can’t do much damage doing the first wash on it as picking up a filthy car with sticker marks on it and that’s filthy won’t be as nice as collecting a brand new shiny car. It’s silver too which is a fairly forgiving colour so fingers crossed.

David.
that's an interesting point in terms of carbon offset .
what I don't understand is how they cannot find the car in terms of built, not built, work in progress.
the presentation box is a nice touch tbh.
with the Velar ( which wasn't brand new) we went through a full unveiling .
hope you get the motor ASAP

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
that's an interesting point in terms of carbon offset .
what I don't understand is how they cannot find the car in terms of built, not built, work in progress.
the presentation box is a nice touch tbh.
with the Velar ( which wasn't brand new) we went through a full unveiling .
hope you get the motor ASAP
It probably explains why I'm being bombarded with texts from Jaguar & emails from brokers with offers on the iPace.

Reactions: DAVENN

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
Still hadn’t received any update from Marshall’s Jaguar so I gave them another call this evening.

Car was meant to be built on 10th September. There was no update to say it was or wasn’t built. On 14th September someone at the factory updated the system to say it’s been pushed back until 8th October. Provisional delivery date is 22nd October to the dealership now.

The 22MY IPace had the heads up display on it as standard. Apparently this has been removed as standard equipment and isn’t configurable either. Dad’s car also had the Technology Pack spec’d on it. Apparently you cannot spec this on one if you’re ordering it today either.

So… back to the waiting game again. Dealership very apologetic and is going to see if she can find out why it took them 4 days after it was meant to be built to update the systems.

The IPace is going to replace my Mum’s Freelander 2 when it arrives. When it was ordered there was 6 months left on the Freelander’s MOT. This is now going to be down to a couple of weeks IF the IPace stays on schedule for the latest build date. The Freelander is a 3.2 Petrol so things like the exhaust are LR only. Irritatingly it looks like we’re going to have to replace the entire exhaust from front to back before it’s MOT as it’s fairly corroded and the mounting plint on the catalysts is rotted off.

Hey ho… nothing that can be done about it I guess.

·
Super Moderator
30,287 Posts
Yeah I heard they were dropping options on MY22 recently due to shortages. Not 360 camera, no HUD etc. I assume as your car was locked in early it will have these?

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
I’m being bombarded with iPace offers at the moment & many of them are stock vehicles! It’s hard to fathom why they’re making vehicles for stock when outstanding orders are getting pushed back?

Reactions: MyIRRCat and DAVENN

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
...The IPace is going to replace my Mum’s Freelander 2 when it arrives...
I first read that as: "the I-Pace is going to replace the Freeloader.. once the the Freeloader arrives.." and thought 'Blimey, they're being really really patient if they're still waiting for a Freeloader'...

😂

It's been a long day... :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
30,287 Posts
I’m being bombarded with iPace offers at the moment & many of them are stock vehicles! It’s hard to fathom why they’re making vehicles for stock when outstanding orders are getting pushed back?
I think it’s just stock from earlier in the year. Are they MY21 cars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Firm Rampant Member
17,586 Posts
Yeah I heard they were dropping options on MY22 recently due to shortages. Not 360 camera, no HUD etc. I assume as your car was locked in early it will have these?
I wouldn't assume that at all, they were being despecced 2 months back.
In other news my Velar is now at £48k, with 12k miles on the clock.

·
Super Moderator
30,287 Posts
I wouldn't assume that at all, they were being despecced 2 months back.
In other news my Velar is now at £48k, with 12k miles on the clock.
I’m not assuming anything. It’s what I’ve been told. Component shortages are leading to options being unavailable. It’s been going on for months.

·
Firm Rampant Member
17,586 Posts
I’m not assuming anything. It’s what I’ve been told. Component shortages are leading to options being unavailable. It’s been going on for months.

That's exactly what I've said ,Chris...perhaps it didn't come over well.
I'll put a fiver on cars bring delivered not to the ordered spec.

My 330e has lost some gubbins in the passenger seat.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #212 ·
When I spoke to the saleswoman earlier she mentioned that they’d been in touch with all customers whose cars had had the specs altered. As we’ve received no communication from them that our spec is being changed ours is locked in with the HUD, technology pack, parking pack, etc all being fitted to it.

I told her that if the car turned up and the spec had been changed then it would be rejected. Seeing as we’re not going to see the car before they’ve registered it, they’d better be certain it’s the right spec or it’ll be a costly mistake selling a pre-registered car.

David.

Reactions: PeteA and ChrisSB

·
Super Moderator
30,287 Posts
When I spoke to the saleswoman earlier she mentioned that they’d been in touch with all customers whose cars had had the specs altered. As we’ve received no communication from them that our spec is being changed ours is locked in with the HUD, technology pack, parking pack, etc all being fitted to it.

I told her that if the car turned up and the spec had been changed then it would be rejected. Seeing as we’re not going to see the car before they’ve registered it, they’d better be certain it’s the right spec or it’ll be a costly mistake selling a pre-registered car.

David.
Yep I agree. Ball is in their court.

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
123 Posts
Interesting - My order has also slipped, it was due to be built next week for delivery at the beginning of October and its now build 10th October for delivery 24th, also HSE with HUD etc, lease company has kept me updated but nothing on any spec change or loss of HUD.

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Super Moderator
30,287 Posts
I know someone that is in the process of rejecting his I-PACE due to a couple of big faults with it. Only had it 12 weeks and it’s been with the dealer for half of that.

We now can’t order the car of the same spec due to the limitations in spec.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·
I started showing my Dad F-Pace SVR’s on the Jaguar Approved Used website this evening. There’s some really nice facelift pre-registered ones on there just now.

Apparently now he’s gone to the effort of installing the car charger he’s not changing now.

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Administrator
29,689 Posts

David.
i would put that in writing to them, making sure they understand that for you, it is a fundamental basis of the contract.

·
Firm Rampant Member
17,586 Posts
I know someone that is in the process of rejecting his I-PACE due to a couple of big faults with it. Only had it 12 weeks and it’s been with the dealer for half of that.

We now can’t order the car of the same spec due to the limitations in spec.

We ?

·
Registered
21,308 Posts
I started showing my Dad F-Pace SVR’s on the Jaguar Approved Used website this evening. There’s some really nice facelift pre-registered ones on there just now.

Apparently now he’s gone to the effort of installing the car charger he’s not changing now.
Have you considered a nearly new to your spec? @TheStig is posting about being bombarded with emails offering deals on them.

201 - 220 of 238 Posts