Jaguar Forum banner
181 - 200 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
Still nothing to suggest the build date has been delayed so we're less then 24 hours from the start of build!

In fact, we should only be about 24hrs away from build completion as it's 3pm here making it 4pm in Austria so 24hrs should be 4pm on Friday...

I hope it's not a Friday car :D

David.

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
Finished reinstating the driveway tonight. Fetched a couple of buckets of road planings with the JCB. Tipped the rear bucket in the hole and then set about the rest with a shovel.

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Vehicle Cloud Sky Window Wheel

After I’d filled the hole I went and got the wacker from the last place it was used.

Plant Vehicle Tree Grass Wood

I then ran the Wacker around the planings to get them solid and added more until it was level. Short YouTube video for @OBC John

I then had a solid surface around the concrete.

Automotive tire Asphalt Road surface Gas Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Tread Motor vehicle

I then got the rake out and reinstated the gravel over the area I’d just wackered the shit out of.

One finished charger… am quite pleased with how it’s turned out if I’m honest.

Line Gas Wood Technology Audio equipment

Audio equipment Line Fender Gas Electricity

Still nothing to say the car isn’t being built tomorrow so fingers crossed. A notification to confirm it’s been built would be good!

David.

·
Registered
21,308 Posts
Thanks for video, David. But a YouTube channel would be for your benefit, not mine.

Great job BTW! (y)

Reactions: dhallworth

·
Super Moderator
30,287 Posts
Looks great. You have more toys than I do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
And your very own private fuel pump!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
And your very own private fuel pump!
Yea, that’s switched in the workshop and there’s a 1500 litre diesel tank hidden behind the bushes beside it. Full of red Diesel for the tractors and JCB. :D

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Firm Rampant Member
17,586 Posts
Yea, that’s switched in the workshop and there’s a 1500 litre diesel tank hidden behind the bushes beside it. Full of red Diesel for the tractors and JCB. :D
Just the tractors and jcb...riigghht...

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
Thankfully it’s blocked in by the trailer and a car or two usually so it’s waaaaaaaay more hassle then it’s worth to get a car near it.

I know people who do run their cars on cherry but there’s no way I’d be brave enough. I’d get caught the first time I did it! Cherry is over 80p a litre now too so it’s not even a saving that makes it worth taking the risk!

Other then my C6 which I fill once every couple of months my cars are all petrol anyway! ;)

Reactions: DAVENN and ChrisSB

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
I ran a Golf on red during one of the fuel shortages. It's perfectly legal as long as you fill in a Customs & Excise form, attach receipts, and pay the additional duty.

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
11,809 Posts
It’s just that some folk ‘forget to do this bit’, awfully absentminded ;)

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
During a fuel crisis I can see how that would be worth it. Any other time it just seems like more hassle then driving to Shell and filling up!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 ·
shudders at the thought

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
Build day has been and gone…

Not had anything to say it’s been built but we’ve not had anything to say it’s been delayed again or not built either so fingers crossed!

Has anybody bought a new Jag recently? What do you get from the dealers? Do you still get the keys in a presentation box or any other nice little touches upon collection?

Reactions: DAVENN

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
They've probably downgraded the process: keys left in a brown envelope with your initials on, by reception, car parked a short distance away, near the newsagents.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
No box for my keys back in May, just had the reveal.

·
Super Moderator
30,287 Posts
No box for the I-PACE but it was delivered to me so maybe a different protocol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 ·
Still no word from the dealer on the order status of the IPace today so at 5.30 curiosity got the better of me.

I called the saleswoman and asked them for an update. The car wasn’t showing as built on the systems but it wasn’t showing as not built and the delivery date to the dealer hasn’t changed.

She explained that JLR are focussing on the IPace as they’re using it to offset the carbon emission from the bigger vehicles with it being their only EV and she advised that she’d be surprised if it hadn’t been built going on what she’s seen to date.

I asked her whilst I was on the phone about the presentation box for the keys at handover. Apparently because it’s been ordered through Drive the Deal there is zero margin in it for the dealers and the presentation boxes are around £25. I’ve told her that I’ll pay for the presentation box so that they can be given it at handover with the keys in it. The last car they bought new was their Range Rover in 2012 which they‘ve still got along with the little bits and pieces they were given at handover so it’ll be nice for them to get something with the IPace. It’s probably daft but in my mind it’s a nice touch and a nice thing to have.

I also asked her about having them leave it as it is when it arrives and not washing/valeting it as it’ll be going in to get coated when it gets home. She mentioned that if we do that it’ll likely have sticker marks on it and it could be pretty dirty as it’ll be going through the docks in Austria and in the UK. I’m thinking that they can’t do much damage doing the first wash on it as picking up a filthy car with sticker marks on it and that’s filthy won’t be as nice as collecting a brand new shiny car. It’s silver too which is a fairly forgiving colour so fingers crossed.

David.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
When I collected my F-Pace (Silver) I didn't specifically ask for it not to be cleaned, as it was pre-built I suspected it would have been done anyway before it reached them. When I asked my detailer about it he said there were no significant defects before he ceramic coated it.

181 - 200 of 238 Posts