Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dad has started looking at the iPace to replace my Mum's Freelander 2.

On the Jaguar website there are First Editions available and HSE's. Does anyone have a spec sheet that shows the difference?

Also, given that some of them are really holding their value on the used market, does anyone know what deals there are on new? CarWow are offering around £11k off them IIRC. Is there still a government contribution to buying and having a charger fitted at home?

Thanks,
David.

·
Super Moderator
30,287 Posts
Yep the OZEV grant is still available, £350 off a charger install however it's always good to look at your options. I found it was cheaper to get my own installed without the grant. I think it might be different in Scotland though but this is the England version Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme: guidance for customers

Not sure about First Editions, but they are likely MY19 cars (when the car was first launched), therefore will have the dreadful ICTP system. The MY21 HSEs have Pivi Pro.

I've seen discounts of £11-16k off a stock MY21 HSE.

Reactions: DAVENN

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
My Dad has started looking at the iPace to replace my Mum's Freelander 2.

On the Jaguar website there are First Editions available and HSE's. Does anyone have a spec sheet that shows the difference?

Also, given that some of them are really holding their value on the used market, does anyone know what deals there are on new? CarWow are offering around £11k off them IIRC. Is there still a government contribution to buying and having a charger fitted at home?

Thanks,
David.
The grant for a home charger is £350, maximum 2 per property.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dad is getting keener on an I-Pace to replace the Freelander.

I’m trying to find any information on extended test drives. Taggarts have told us before that they don‘t participate in the extended test drives but if we committed to buy they’d maybe be able to sort something out. That was 12 months ago right enough but we’re not interested in playing games like that.

Looking on CarWow an HSE with 10 or so options fitted to it can be had for around £66k so there’s a substantial discount available on the 21MY cars but the cheapest dealer is in Yorkshire, some 4 hours each way which is a long way for an extended test drive.

Is there any way of sweet talking a dealer or is it just the luck of the draw?

Thanks,
David.

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Firm Rampant Member
17,586 Posts

I’m trying to find any information on extended test drives. Taggarts have told us before that they don‘t participate in the extended test drives but if we committed to buy they’d maybe be able to sort something out. That was 12 months ago right enough but we’re not interested in playing games like that.

Looking on CarWow an HSE with 10 or so options fitted to it can be had for around £66k so there’s a substantial discount available on the 21MY cars but the cheapest dealer is in Yorkshire, some 4 hours each way which is a long way for an extended test drive.

Thanks,
David.
what are drive the deal suggesting, David?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hadn’t looked at them, will have a look now, thanks Dave.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Drive the deal:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CarWow

What surprises me with CarWow is all dealers were quoting for the same 21MY I-Pace HSE with 11 options added. Aberdeen Jaguar offered the biggest discount of £11,373 (14.2%), however, they were a lot dearer then Farnell Jaguar are offering £7,952 (10.7%) but are just over 2 grand cheaper then Aberdeen.

David.

Reactions: ChrisSB and DAVENN

·
Super Moderator
30,205 Posts

Thanks,
David.
They will always deliver to your home

Reactions: dhallworth

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I always find the trip home from buying part of the fun but I’d like to get him a decent test drive in one rather then a quick 15 mins.

·
Super Moderator
30,287 Posts
I always find the trip home from buying part of the fun but I’d like to get him a decent test drive in one rather then a quick 15 mins.
I nearly ordered my I-PACE from a dealer in Kent and they wants £300 to deliver it in the middle of lockdown. Sturgess delivered for free but they are 45 mins drive away. I can put you in touch with someone there if it might help?

·
Super Moderator
30,205 Posts
I nearly ordered my I-PACE from a dealer in Kent and they wants £300 to deliver it in the middle of lockdown. Sturgess delivered for free but they are 45 mins drive away. I can put you in touch with someone there if it might help?
They tried it on though, my mate has just bought an ex demo GLC63 AMG from Inverness and got it delivered for free

·
Super Moderator
30,205 Posts
You can test drive one locally, you don’t need to buy from them, I had an extended drive in one from my local dealer last August and obviously never bought from them

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Jaguar ad on the TV tonight offering extended test drives on e / f and I-Pace

I’d get on to CRC and demand what they are advertising.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You can test drive one locally, you don’t need to buy from them, I had an extended drive in one from my local dealer last August and obviously never bought from them
That's what we'll likely do but the local dealers only seem to be offering a 15 minute test drive.

Jaguar ad on the TV tonight offering extended test drives on e / f and I-Pace
Thank you! I was sure I'd seen something about them doing them somewhere but wasn't sure where. Nothing much about it online either.

Have requested a test drive via the Jaguar website to see if that yields any different results and will go from there.

David.

Reactions: Statler

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
Good find David.

1 - 20 of 238 Posts