Jaguar Forum banner

First Edition v HSE & Deals - HSE Now Delivered!

27K views 371 replies 21 participants last post by  ChrisSB 
#1 ·
My Dad has started looking at the iPace to replace my Mum's Freelander 2.

On the Jaguar website there are First Editions available and HSE's. Does anyone have a spec sheet that shows the difference?

Also, given that some of them are really holding their value on the used market, does anyone know what deals there are on new? CarWow are offering around £11k off them IIRC. Is there still a government contribution to buying and having a charger fitted at home?

Thanks,
David.

#2 ·
Yep the OZEV grant is still available, £350 off a charger install however it's always good to look at your options. I found it was cheaper to get my own installed without the grant. I think it might be different in Scotland though but this is the England version Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme: guidance for customers

Not sure about First Editions, but they are likely MY19 cars (when the car was first launched), therefore will have the dreadful ICTP system. The MY21 HSEs have Pivi Pro.

I've seen discounts of £11-16k off a stock MY21 HSE.

Reactions: DAVENN
#3 ·
The grant for a home charger is £350, maximum 2 per property.

#5 ·
#6 ·
Dad is getting keener on an I-Pace to replace the Freelander.

I’m trying to find any information on extended test drives. Taggarts have told us before that they don‘t participate in the extended test drives but if we committed to buy they’d maybe be able to sort something out. That was 12 months ago right enough but we’re not interested in playing games like that.

Looking on CarWow an HSE with 10 or so options fitted to it can be had for around £66k so there’s a substantial discount available on the 21MY cars but the cheapest dealer is in Yorkshire, some 4 hours each way which is a long way for an extended test drive.

Is there any way of sweet talking a dealer or is it just the luck of the draw?

Thanks,
David.

Reactions: ChrisSB
#7 ·
Dad is getting keener on an I-Pace to replace the Freelander.

I’m trying to find any information on extended test drives. Taggarts have told us before that they don‘t participate in the extended test drives but if we committed to buy they’d maybe be able to sort something out. That was 12 months ago right enough but we’re not interested in playing games like that.

Looking on CarWow an HSE with 10 or so options fitted to it can be had for around £66k so there’s a substantial discount available on the 21MY cars but the cheapest dealer is in Yorkshire, some 4 hours each way which is a long way for an extended test drive.

Is there any way of sweet talking a dealer or is it just the luck of the draw?

Thanks,
David.
what are drive the deal suggesting, David?

#8 ·
I hadn’t looked at them, will have a look now, thanks Dave.

#11 ·
CarWow

What surprises me with CarWow is all dealers were quoting for the same 21MY I-Pace HSE with 11 options added. Aberdeen Jaguar offered the biggest discount of £11,373 (14.2%), however, they were a lot dearer then Farnell Jaguar are offering £7,952 (10.7%) but are just over 2 grand cheaper then Aberdeen.

David.

Reactions: ChrisSB and DAVENN
#13 ·
I always find the trip home from buying part of the fun but I’d like to get him a decent test drive in one rather then a quick 15 mins.

#14 ·
I nearly ordered my I-PACE from a dealer in Kent and they wants £300 to deliver it in the middle of lockdown. Sturgess delivered for free but they are 45 mins drive away. I can put you in touch with someone there if it might help?

Reactions: dhallworth
#17 ·
Jaguar ad on the TV tonight offering extended test drives on e / f and I-Pace

I’d get on to CRC and demand what they are advertising. [emoji16][emoji106]

#20 ·
Good find David.

#21 ·
Taggarts Jaguar in Glasgow will allow an unaccompanied test drive but for no longer than an hour.

Parks Jaguar in Ayr aren't doing test drives at all until 26th April and when they restart it'll be an accompanied one for 30 minutes or so.

I'm just waiting to hear back from Pentland in Stirling now. The dealership in Edinburgh, Perth and Dundee are Pentland also so if Stirling can't help, I can't imagine any of them will be able to.

The only other option is Peter Vardy in Aberdeen but you're looking at 3hrs each way and if only borrowing one for 24hours that's a bit of a hassle.

I never thought this would be so difficult!

David.

#22 ·
Avoid Peter Vardy in Aberdeen like the plague Dave. 1st hand experience of then being utter cowboys, with no sense of the meaning of customer service. They'll take your money quick and happily enough - but woe betide if you have any problems. I'm surprised they still have a JLR franchise tbh.

#23 ·
Pentland in Stirling have just come back to us. They're happy to accommodate the request. :)

Looks like we're getting it a week tomorrow at 9am on the Saturday to return it at 11am on the Sunday.

David.

#24 ·
Looks like Dad has decided on a spec for the IPace now. He has said that as long as he's happy after he's driven it next weekend he's going to order one. Should be a nicely spec'd car really.

Aberdeen Jaguar have offered a decent price through CarWow.

PCP is worth it to get the deposit contribution which is £5k and then the finance can be gotten rid of within 14 days with no penalties so that's a no brainer really.

I'm cautious of Aberdeen Jaguar after previous warnings but if the price is right for buying then it makes sense as any Jaguar dealer can sort the car out once we've got it home I guess.

David.

Reactions: DAVENN and ChrisSB
#27 ·
Arse... All of the CarWow quotes have just expired and the options lists from Jaguar have changed today adding around £1400 to the build.

#28 ·
Just looking on the Jaguar configurator, the available packs have changed, the black pack has gone up £50, the cabin air ionisation has gone from £85 to £160, and a few of the other options have all jumped in price today too.

A home charging cable is now £220.

#30 ·
Just looking on the Jaguar configurator, the available packs have changed, the black pack has gone up £50, the cabin air ionisation has gone from £85 to £160, and a few of the other options have all jumped in price today too.
I managed to get a bit of a deal on my nice to haves ... with the £440 connected pack coming in at just over £200 .

I felt that, as things pick up, pricing would stiffen a tad .
Is this now the case?

#29 ·
They are charging for the granny cable now? Shocking! You don't need it normally but handy in a pinch. My wife used ours recently when she popped to her sister's in Reading.

#31 ·
They are charging for the granny cable now? Shocking! You don't need it normally but handy in a pinch. My wife used ours recently when she popped to her sister's in Reading.
subtle.

whilst many marques are binning the granny chargers, JLR still supply .

#34 ·
Substituting a few things here and there and adding a couple of things on CarWow has made just over a grand of a difference so it's not the end of the world I guess.

Gone from £70,068 to £71,344.

David.

#42 ·
Nothing close to the spec in stock? They might offer a better deal on those.

#41 ·
Not so sure it is the granny cable they're charging for...

#44 ·
If they are charging that for the standard Type 2 cable that is a complete joke. I bought a spare off eBay recently, brand new, for £80.

#47 ·
Also bare in mind that the Type 2 cable that comes with the I-PACE is the 32A 3 Phase cable. As the onboard charger is 11kW 3 Phase (7.2kW single phase) on MY21 cars.

#52 ·
Interestingly, on the standard equipment for the IPace, a Public Charging cable is listed.

I wonder what the difference between the home charging and public charging cables are.

David.

#54 ·
I'm not sure. The CCS rapid chargers are all tethered chargers, I'm not sure what the lower output ones are.

Seems odd that the public charging cable is included but the home charging cable is £220. 🤔

David.