Jaguar Forum banner
321 - 340 of 359 Posts

·
Administrator
30,009 Posts
I think they have to check the electrons. You should get a checklist showing what percentage wear they have.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #323 ·
It's got a 2 year service interval and Jaguar charge around £250 quid for a service I believe but I've got no idea of what's actually involved.

Surprisingly the handbook for the IPace is very thin and doesn't have much in it!

Just had another chat with them on the phone whilst driving it, Dad's really pleased with the power and drivability, Mum's not enjoying being constantly pinned back into her seat so much though 🤣

On a serious note, they're both really enjoying it, the air suspension makes it much more supple on the road then the demo they had apparently, the seats are really comfy and the light headlining and panoramic roof make the interior a nice place to be and feel very spacious/airy. They're currently headed for Knutsford for a charge before heading into the hills of North Wales to see my Aunt an Uncle.

David.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
It's got a 2 year service interval and Jaguar charge around £250 quid for a service I believe but I've got no idea of what's actually involved.

Surprisingly the handbook for the IPace is very thin and doesn't have much in it!

Just had another chat with them on the phone whilst driving it, Dad's really pleased with the power and drivability, Mum's not enjoying being constantly pinned back into her seat so much though 🤣

On a serious note, they're both really enjoying it, the air suspension makes it much more supple on the road then the demo they had apparently, the seats are really comfy and the light headlining and panoramic roof make the interior a nice place to be and feel very spacious/airy. They're currently headed for Knutsford for a charge before heading into the hills of North Wales to see my Aunt an Uncle.

David.
I reckon I could guess which one you get your love of your XFR from... :D

Reactions: dhallworth

·
Administrator
28,087 Posts
Apart from brakes tyres etc what is involved in servicing an electric car if anything. Does it require any dealer visits for maintenance etc ?
I doubt the brakes will ever need doing unless it’s taken on track days.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #327 ·
I’d imagine the discs will corrode and pit, especially the rears before they need changing.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
They’ve done around 60 miles in it so far travelling from the dealer to my Dad’s cousins for the night before they travel to Wales tomorrow.

The only thing my Dad is a little bit disappointed with is the tyre noise. He says that there’s more tyre noise from it then the Freelander 2 it’s replacing. I asked if it’s because there’s no other noise but he‘s certain that it’s noisier on the motorway then the Freelander is so it’ll be interesting to do a comparison with a dB meter app on the iPhone when he’s home.

If it bothers him that much, at least tyre noise can be rectified by changing the tyres. The Pirelli tyres on the Range Rover with the NCS (Noise Cancellation System) on them are excellent so might be worth looking at them.

David.
I noticed the tyre noise when I tested one back in July.
I put it down to a complete lack of any other noise bar a quiet hum from the drivetrain.
I could live with it

Reactions: dhallworth

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Weren't we talking about 'foam' inserts for tyres to help reduce noise a while back on here?

Might be worth an investigation unless Dad gets used to it quite quickly.. cheaper than dropping a throaty V8 in there to drown out the tyre noise I'd imagine... ;)

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #330 ·
We were indeed. Those are the tyres he's got on his Range Rover.

I looked up IPace tyres last night out of interest. I believe they are 245/50/20 tyres and on BlackCircles there was actually very few to choose from. Good Year and Continental were the only 2 premium brands. Michelin don't even make a tyre that size according to their website and Pirelli weren't listed either.

The hotel they stayed at last night had 3 Tesla destination chargers, one of which was for every EV but it wasn't working so they've woken up to it at 19% this morning. 2 miles down the road was a 50kW charger so 30 mins saw the battery at 50% and they're off to my Aunt n Uncles in North Wales. The restaurant they're going to this evening has a 50kW charger and they're planning to stop and get some shopping at Morrisons in Denbigh which also has a 50kW too so they've not had any issues so far.

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Registered
21,862 Posts
As much as I'd love an EV, it does seem at the moment that planning a journey that takes you past its range is like planning a military exercise.
Hotel - no (working) charger.
Morning - go and find one 2 miles down the road and hang around for half an hour
Later, Morrisons to top up before . . .
This evening - restaurant (let's hope its working)

I wouldn't fancy that sort of faffing around on one of my business trips to, for example, Scotland.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #332 ·
I guess it's just about getting used to it.

They don't necessarily need to stop at Morrisons but they always take some shopping in with them when they go so they might as well charge it again.

If they charged it to full this morning they could do their trip into and out of North Wales without need a top up at all but shorter regular charges seem to make more sense as you can stop for a short period, grab a coffee and off you go again without it feeling like a chore to stop.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
I got a bit of wallet shock replacing the 255/50x20s on the F-Pace. I ended up with 4x Pirellli Scorpion Verde all season tyres a little cheaper than expected, but still £200 per tyre.
They seem quieter than the P Zeros and are J rated.

·
Administrator
28,087 Posts
I guess it's just about getting used to it.

They don't necessarily need to stop at Morrisons but they always take some shopping in with them when they go so they might as well charge it again.

If they charged it to full this morning they could do their trip into and out of North Wales without need a top up at all but shorter regular charges seem to make more sense as you can stop for a short period, grab a coffee and off you go again without it feeling like a chore to stop.
The electricity is often free at destination chargers so it makes even more sense to top up. Another advantage is that the parking bays are often 50% bigger so you're unlikely to get your car dinged by an errant door.

·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
Always be charging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #336 ·
30 mins to wait this morning saw the charge at 50% before they set off.

They did 60 odd miles to Denbigh where they went to Morrisons for shopping. They used to stop in Queensferry to pick stuff up so they'd have stopped somewhere in North Wales anyway.

After stopping in Morrisons, having a coffee and doing their shopping they came out to it at 91% charged and 229 miles range.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

Dads iPhone keeps telling him to enable Mobile Data even though it's enabled so that's another thing that's winding him up. That's not the cars fault though.

David.

·
Registered
10,031 Posts
Our company has a meeting next week to discuss electric car options seems they have extended the range available and offered an additional 100 Euro a month contribution. still prefer to own my own car should a job change be required.

321 - 340 of 359 Posts