Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #302 ·
A winning lottery ticket at the moment! :D

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Registered
21,862 Posts
Did the XJR or 575 ever come with a light interior (not red!:eek: )

·
20,244 Posts
Reactions: dhallworth

·
Registered
149 Posts
I got a nice surprise myself this evening with my order - it’s arrived with the dealer earlier than predicted and I have the (temporary 71 plate) registration number so it’s actually really here 😁. I should have it by next week - so now I need to sell my old car (but after the weekend as I have to go to Yorkshire for the weekend 1st!)

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #308 ·
That’s great news!

My folks are getting the train down to fetch theirs tomorrow.

David.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #309 ·
5 1/2 months after placing the order with the dealer, my folks have now collected their IPace. :)

My Dad doesn't buy into the latest and greatest iPhone hype that I do so here'a a picture off his old iPhone SE.

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

They both seem really chuffed with it. Marshall's Jaguar of Lincoln looked after them well too.

Can't wait to see it now... just a shame they're not home until Saturday... it'll no doubt be dark too! 🙄

David.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #311 ·
You're not the only one! I'd have been blamed for telling him what to order if he didn't like it. 😂 Breathed a sigh of relief when they said they were happy.

The PlusNet advert on the TV sums my Dad up perfectly... "That'll do" so it can be hard to tell when he's really pleased with something. 🙄

·
Registered
149 Posts
Looks great! Nice chance for them to get used to it as well.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
5 1/2 months after placing the order with the dealer, my folks have now collected their IPace. :)

My Dad doesn't buy into the latest and greatest iPhone hype that I do so here'a a picture off his old iPhone SE.

View attachment 188840

They both seem really chuffed with it. Marshall's Jaguar of Lincoln looked after them well too.

Can't wait to see it now... just a shame they're not home until Saturday... it'll no doubt be dark too! 🙄

David.
o_O How on earth has it been that long already!!!

Bet you're really looking forward to see your.. er, your parents new baby, roll on a 'Sunny Sunday'!!... :)

Reactions: dhallworth

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #315 ·
They’ve done around 60 miles in it so far travelling from the dealer to my Dad’s cousins for the night before they travel to Wales tomorrow.

The only thing my Dad is a little bit disappointed with is the tyre noise. He says that there’s more tyre noise from it then the Freelander 2 it’s replacing. I asked if it’s because there’s no other noise but he‘s certain that it’s noisier on the motorway then the Freelander is so it’ll be interesting to do a comparison with a dB meter app on the iPhone when he’s home.

If it bothers him that much, at least tyre noise can be rectified by changing the tyres. The Pirelli tyres on the Range Rover with the NCS (Noise Cancellation System) on them are excellent so might be worth looking at them.

David.

·
Registered
840 Posts
If your mate has a profitable business & can run it as a company car then ownership is the way to go. The 100% first year capital allowance is £12,000 in your pocket on the base model assuming you’ve got £60,000 of profit to use it against - remember you can use it against last years profit as well as the current year (yes you do actually get a corporation tax refund for buying a car on finance!).
When I did the figures on cost of ownership over 3 years it was something like £2-3k cheaper to lease it.
If you are keeping it long term buying makes sense but don't forget you have to technically give back the tax relief claimed when you sell it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #317 ·
Were you basing your figures on the GMFV on the finance packages or used car prices?

GMFV on finance agreements are around 50%, when looking at residuals online and according to figures quoted in various articles they seem to be holding around 76% over 3 years. On a real world scenario and looking at We Buy Any Car values ownership cost over 3 years for an HSE (if you pay list price) is around £18k.

When we were shopping around, a basic HSE was available with around £8-9k discount so depreciation costs are likely to be approximately £9-10k over 3 years.

Obviously that’s based on the market not collapsing in 3 years time. The way the market is just now, you can buy a new one cheaper then you can buy an ex-demo car if you either find a dealer with one in stock or if you are prepared to wait.

·
Registered
840 Posts
My costings were at the beginning of this year, things are certainly different now. I didn't ever want to own it and was only basing it on cost of ownership/depreciation over a 3 year period.

·
Administrator
28,087 Posts
When I did the figures on cost of ownership over 3 years it was something like £2-3k cheaper to lease it.
If you are keeping it long term buying makes sense but don't forget you have to technically give back the tax relief claimed when you sell it.

Buy it from the business at it's WDV after 3-4 years (31%).;)

Small tax liability but offset by the 100% relief on the next EV.

301 - 320 of 359 Posts