Jaguar Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
XJ Portfolio.2014.Amethyst Black.
710 Posts
Hate folk who leave manual cars in GEAR......as John says, just not natural......lol.....!

·
Registered
18,530 Posts
Hate folk who leave manual cars in GEAR......as John says, just not natural......lol.....!
:LOL:
I thought this was just another Kevinism . . . . . then looked at my post. Doh!

Reactions: BigKev

·
Registered
82 Posts
My pedal was still assisted, after ~56 hours of being parked.

I think the pipe attached to the vacuum pump ( C2Z20396 ) has a non-return valve in, so I suppose it has to be something from the non return vale to the brake booster ( inclusive ) that's leaking ( not that that narrows it down much ).

Photo of that pipe over here shows something in the pipe which I imagine is the non return value anyway, I suppose I could be wrong, it could be a filter.

·
18,753 Posts

I think the pipe attached to the vacuum pump ( C2Z20396 ) has a non-return valve in, so I suppose it has to be something from the non return vale to the brake booster ( inclusive ) that's leaking ( not that that narrows it down much ).

Photo of that pipe over here shows something in the pipe which I imagine is the non return value anyway, I suppose I could be wrong, it could be a filter.
Certainly seems to a NRV/check valve.

Reactions: hamedhbb

·
Administrator
27,874 Posts
Buttercup maintains brake servo vacuum over two week periods, so it CAN be done, lol.

Reactions: hamedhbb

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Thanks. The pipe look likes the one that I had to disconnect for intake manifolds. I will have a look.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Just an update. I think it is solved. I disconnected below two vacuum connectors. They were arguably dirty for something that does not see oil. Cleaned them with brake cleaner and cotton bud. Also cleaned the brass male connector. Sprayed some brake cleaner Inside tubes and elevated them to encourage flow down the line to reach any one way valve that I couldn’t see. Then used silicon spray inside the female connectors. Pushed the clips down and hold it until they where all the way in. Pushed them a bit out after they clicked to make sure rubbers are gripping the pipe.
Problem is solved. It’s been two mornings that I don’t have firm brake anymore. Also I noticed I have more control over brake when I am inching forward on a congested road. Didn’t seem right recently that the force to control brake at very low speeds was varying that I couldn’t get used to it. Like I had to push harder than usual for a light brake and a little bit more would have cause a harsh stop. Now it’s linear. That’s been sorted as well. These are the other side of firewall next to brake fluid tank. Right side of the engine. All the way back.

·
Registered
10,219 Posts
Sounds like a result Hamed, thanks for sharing!

Reactions: PeteA and hamedhbb
21 - 28 of 28 Posts