Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
XF 3.0D Premium Luxury (2012 Facelift)
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.. after an E-Class, BMW then Lexus, finally jumped to Jag. - Too old for overly sporty and found the 2.2 a bit rougher than I was used to so it's an facelift 18" wheel 3.0d ..

Bit of a learning lesson about 'character' after the Lexus and sitill got some glitches but will get there.

· Registered
1,545 Posts
I had a Lexus GS430. Nice enough car, smooth and powerful but I didn't love it. The Jaguars I've had since are certainly lovable, great cars even if they have the odd imperfection.

Reactions: borgliminah

· Registered
4,845 Posts
The smoothness over our horrific roads, the very well insulated cabin coupled with the excellent Meridian Surround System are three features I really miss with the XF. I don't miss the DPF though, but my short journeys didn't help.

· Registered
XF 3.0D Premium Luxury (2012 Facelift)
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, now discovering why Lexus (from a class below... an IS not GS) made such an impact... the Jag has already failed to ever have reversing cameras and now refuses to charge the battery.
On top of the dodgy design key (when you drop it you can lose bits) and washers, oh and door locks that don't work in the cold (how did they not test this??), the Ok-ish ride, the non-fully adjustable passenger seat (why??) and a stereo sounding absolutely NO better than the Lexus (I do have the subwoofer).
Now I'm in a Peugeot 107 Coutesy Car.... mmmm..welcome to Jaguar...

· Registered
Battery powered superhero
5,743 Posts
How about you buy a car with the options you want rather than buy one with options you wanted but didn't have, then moan they're missing? All used cars have faults, that's what a test drive and examination is for, before buying it. We're a community of Jaguar appreciators on here, where we try hard to assist other members with genuine issues, who want advice and our help. Mouthing off will lose you that.

· Registered
4,845 Posts
Oh I forgot about those door locks in the cold weather! The door would open, but it wouldn't close, so I would have to sit there holding it closed until the car warmed up properly. But then the heated front windscreen was rather handy.

· Registered
Battery powered superhero
5,743 Posts
And many, many other makes are affected by water freezing in/on/around the door locks, door and boot seals and window glass. Hardly unique to Jaguar.

· Administrator
32,113 Posts
My XFs were OK, but the Evoque's doorlocks froze up at the merest hint of a frost.

· Registered
4,845 Posts
And many, many other makes are affected by water freezing in/on/around the door locks, door and boot seals and window glass. Hardly unique to Jaguar.
It was the first car for me where the door froze open though! lol

But there are bigger things to worry about at the moment, such as trying to avoid this on my way home!

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood

· Registered
11,262 Posts
It was the first car for me where the door froze open though! lol

But there are bigger things to worry about at the moment, such as trying to avoid this on my way home!

View attachment 195826
Aye, you need to mind the miners’ heads on those ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts