Jaguar Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Doh! You've fitted the cap upside down. :eek:
Cheers Ian.. that's now yet another thing for us OCD types to 'worry' about!... :D

·
Registered
883 Posts
Glad I’m not the only one! Do the same with my coolant cap

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Took my oil filler cap back off yesterday after I serviced the car.. and 'corrected' it... :rolleyes:

Reactions: googsy1

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Mine comes off that often that I'm surprised the thread hasn't worn out. :LOL:

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Cheers Ian.. that's now yet another thing for us OCD types to 'worry' about!... :D
I have to set it right as well :D

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
18,724 Posts
Calm down, calm down . . .

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Close call John.. should really have been corrected before you posted the pic on this hallowed turf.. :D

Are you now out sorting the somewhat embarrassing sticker?....

;)

Reactions: Sdotk and idrobbo

·
Registered
18,724 Posts
Close call John.. should really have been corrected before you posted the pic on this hallowed turf.. :D

Are you now out sorting the somewhat embarrassing sticker?....

;)
I do regularly lick the back of it and press it flat but it just rolls back after a day or two. Anyone know the correct Jaguar part number?

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
I do regularly lick the back of it and press it flat but it just rolls back after a day or two. Anyone know the correct Jaguar part number?
Just peel it off.. remove the residue and then clean the 'cap'...

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
You won't be able to buy it without the cap. Or the filler neck, or the tank, which comes with the chassis.

·
Registered
18,724 Posts
You won't be able to buy it without the cap. Or the filler neck, or the tank, which comes with the chassis.
LOL!
Good job I wasn't being serious. It really doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Damn. Doesn't fit the XKR, completely different :rolleyes: The XKR is actually only missing some sort of plastic clip to hold the end of the tether to the inside of the flap, the tether is all complete and functional just not attached to anything. Bet the clip isn't available without the entire fuel filler liner thingie plasticy part.

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,310 Posts
Damn. Doesn't fit the XKR, completely different :rolleyes: The XKR is actually only missing some sort of plastic clip to hold the end of the tether to the inside of the flap, the tether is all complete and functional just not attached to anything. Bet the clip isn't available without the entire fuel filler liner thingie plasticy part.

I believe that is the push fitting you're referring to

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,310 Posts

I believe that is the push fitting you're referring to
Ignore that, part 10/11 here...

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Reactions: JordanRaven

·
Registered
883 Posts
Mine arrived today. Swapping the rings over took 30 seconds. Getting the old clip thingy out however took way longer than it should have!

Just fell apart as I was pulling it leaving me with nothing to grip on to.

Got it off in the end and managed get that retaining plug thing through the hole too.

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
18,724 Posts
Nice horizontal alignment there, Saqib! :D

·
Registered
883 Posts
Lol, it usually is anyway but had to make sure it was before Pete comments on it.

I’m lucky I don’t have any stickers on it!

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Lol, it usually is anyway but had to make sure it was before Pete comments on it.

I’m lucky I don’t have any stickers on it!
:LOL:

41 - 60 of 60 Posts