Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2009 3.0d s for about two months now and when I first had it all was good but for the last month or so, every time I fill up it takes an age because spit back makes the fuel cut off.

I've tried not pulling the trigger so hard, turning the nozzle in the hole, pulling it part way out and different petrol stations but the same result, takes forever to get about £30 in.

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

·
Registered
723 Posts
I've had my 2009 3.0d s for about two months now and when I first had it all was good but for the last month or so, every time I fill up it takes an age because spit back makes the fuel cut off.

I've tried not pulling the trigger so hard, turning the nozzle in the hole, pulling it part way out and different petrol stations but the same result, takes forever to get about £30 in.

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?
Check the wrong fuel thing in the neck hasn't triggered. Yellow tool on top of the battery to reset it.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Laraza

·
Registered
883 Posts
I’m not sure about the earlier cars, but the facelifts had a yellow misfuel device which could pop up at times. Happened to me once in my 3.0d and made filling up very annoying.

There is a tool to push it back down. I can’t remember the location of it off hand.

Edit: beaten to it by Andy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both, I've just pushed the tool into the opening and it made a clicking noise. Not sure if it's sorted but I'll go out later and put some more diesel in

·
Registered
723 Posts
Thanks both, I've just pushed the tool into the opening and it made a clicking noise. Not sure if it's sorted but I'll go out later and put some more diesel in
Check YouTube for JLR guides that show what you do, sounds like you sorted it anyway.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Even without the misfuelling device triggered, it's sometimes difficult to fill the tank on my XFS as the pump keeps cutting out. Different stations/pumps act differently, some I can fill at full flow while others I need to either fill more slowly or keep trying different positions of the nozzle.

·
Founder member
5,099 Posts
On the subject of filling up found this for anyone who has a broken tether on their cap

·
Super Moderator
11,450 Posts
Filling Station pumps run faster than they used to to get vehicles away quicker.

·
Registered
18,724 Posts
On the subject of filling up found this for anyone who has a broken teather on their cap

Great find, Tony. My filler cap has never had that tether.

·
Founder member
5,099 Posts
I should be on commission

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
On the subject of filling up found this for anyone who has a broken tether on their cap

I can't find it on their web site?

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
Does anyone know if the red filler cap cover is the same red that Jaguar uses on its brake callipers?

Asking for a shy friend.

·
Registered
10,423 Posts

·
Founder member
5,099 Posts

·
Founder member
5,099 Posts
Reactions: idrobbo
1 - 20 of 60 Posts