Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My OSR light is now starting to work intermittently (I replaced the NSR early last year). Has anyone got one going spare , or seen an advert for a car being broken up, MY2013.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update on this, I took the unit out and found I could remove the grommet where the wires disappear into the unit. I also took off what look like little “breather“ pipes. Put the unit on a radiator for a couple of nights and that dried it out. I inspected the lens unit and spotted what looks like a split, so have applied some clear sealant. Put it back on and it seems to be working ok just now, will see how it fares over a longer term.

I've also got a lot of condensation in the front headlight unit so want to see if I can do the same to that, I’ve seen the comments on taking it out involve bumper off (which I don’t fancy), anyone got any other ideas? Could I get inside it in situ to maybe dry it and put some desiccant bags in?

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Here you go Ian, have a look at the attached.

Attachments

Reactions: idrobbo

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx Pete, will summon up the courage to try it, probably a few days though as I need access to the car next week for some hospital trips (At least it will get a good run out for 5 days).

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
It's not too bad Ian, the difficult bit would be getting the inner wing out of the way enough to get to the bolt easily.

Wheel off, inner arch out would make the actual getting to the bolt bit easier.. but see how you go, man of your calibre..... ;)

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I could do that, it’s just the garage is full of the dry & clean XK, and if I put the XF in that will get wet. :D
Shame it’s the offside, as the near side arch needs fettling so I could have done both jobs at once. Never mind, not as though I have work to do, like some of you.

Reactions: PeteA
1 - 6 of 6 Posts