Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - brand new to the forum. I have come across the age old issue with my XF 2012. It's the facelift version (stupidly managed to buy a pre-facelift cluster).

I'm really struggling to source a functioning light cluster to do the replacement. Jaguar want nothing to do with this other than stripping me of £350, which is a good percentage of the worth of the car!

Ebay is not proving to be any better - the ones that are for sale already have a faulty indicator (who knew!).

Any good tips on sourcing? It's a 12 plate facelift XF, 2.2 163BHP.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Hi, afraid the only certain way is to buy from a dealer, that way you will get the correct item and some form of guarantee, anything second hand could be just as faulty as the one you have. Phil

·
Registered
20,829 Posts
TBH, £350 for a Jag light unit/cluster doesn't sound too bad. Does that include the fitting?

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
MY 2012 XF S Portfolio Ultimate Black
1,903 Posts
Hi - brand new to the forum. I have come across the age old issue with my XF 2012. It's the facelift version (stupidly managed to buy a pre-facelift cluster).

I'm really struggling to source a functioning light cluster to do the replacement. Jaguar want nothing to do with this other than stripping me of £350, which is a good percentage of the worth of the car!

Ebay is not proving to be any better - the ones that are for sale already have a faulty indicator (who knew!).

Any good tips on sourcing? It's a 12 plate facelift XF, 2.2 163BHP.

Thanks!
I repaired mine. If you search the forum you’ll see what I did. It’s due to individual LEDs failing and for some reason, the led driver module will shutdown all of them when his happens. So you’ll see a flash instead of them stay on. Have a close look at night with sunglasses on, you’ll see during flash, any group of 3 of them won’t turn on. You could remove the entire leds with a surgery on the back and put a string bulb there or replace individual leds, or replace the controller board with something less intelligent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts