Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to give the better half's white BMW some TLC and I need some fallout remover to get rid of some surface rust / fallout spots from the paint. So it's not for the wheels but for the car's paintwork in case that makes any difference. Any recommendations on products?

From what I've read so far Bilt Hamber Korrosol and Autobrite Purple Rain seem to be popular...

·
17,728 Posts
Look for AutoGlym Magma (1 litre)

Or if you intend to do this yearly - Liquid Clay - same product for regular users, but available in 5L sizes.

Bilt Hamber is good - but I wasn't able to find any stockists of the 5L size when I ordered the Liquid Clay

Both about the same price - and makes sense compared to buying 5 x 1L bottles

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Autosmart Red 7 is another good one if you can get hold of it as it's usually only sold in the trade.

Which ever one you use it'll stink.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Firm Rampant Member
11,840 Posts
It's time to give the better half's white BMW some TLC and I need some fallout remover to get rid of some surface rust / fallout spots from the paint. So it's not for the wheels but for the car's paintwork in case that makes any difference. Any recommendations on products?

From what I've read so far Bilt Hamber Korrosol and Autobrite Purple Rain seem to be popular...
purple rain for me..

·
17,728 Posts
Autosmart Red 7 is another good one if you can get hold of it as it's usually only sold in the trade.

Which ever one you use it'll stink.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
To be fair - the BH and AG ones aren't bad.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, lots of good tips there. Pretty much depends on what I easily can get hold of online but I'm leaning towards Purple Rain now.

I've used some different wheel cleaners like this over the years and agree that they all stink.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Thanks guys, lots of good tips there. Pretty much depends on what I easily can get hold of online but I'm leaning towards Purple Rain now.

I've used some different wheel cleaners like this over the years and agree that they all stink.
If you're ordering make sure you get the new 3.0 version..its thicker and more clingy .

Do it on a dull day also .👍

·
Administrator
27,301 Posts
Autoglym make one - "magma" I think it is called.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Purple Rain 3.0 ordered then. Let's see how well it works.

·
17,728 Posts
Autoglym make one - "magma" I think it is called.
They do - and it doesn't stink at all. Or if you go for the trade version - its called Liquid Clay.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts