Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a few chips and rust spots on my brake calipers that need sorting. I don't want to paint the whole caliper so I'm looking for a match for the factory red. Will standard "Brembo Red" match?

·
Registered
17,794 Posts
Great question! Cus I need some as well.

·
Super Moderator
26,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
641 Posts
I think that you will struggle to match the colour. Hot and cold cycling will fade paint over time even with HTP
I stand to be correctified, but are hot CALIPERS really ever going to be an issue as such.....? Hot discs, yes.....god knows I have nae fingerprints on one hand “testing” if a caliper was binding, but at the same time have checked the caliper body......hardly even warm. Ok.....track use deffo or driving on Clydeside Expressway like Graham McNinjag, but normal road driving.....?

Reactions: PeteA and OBC John

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
The factory red calipers on my XJ have gone a pinkish colour on the front, can only assume because they get warmer than the rears.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
26,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine are still bright red, with a few dark rust spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
641 Posts
The factory red calipers on my XJ have gone a pinkish colour on the front, can only assume because they get warmer than the rears.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
They are in the most hostile area of a car......more likely wheel cleaner, washing, and weather effects imho.

Reactions: Gav

·
Registered
17,794 Posts
Mine are still red (i.e. not pink). But have suffered one or two scratches while trying to re-attach the anti-rattle springs on the fronts. Hence my need for some touch-up paint.

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Registered
641 Posts
Mine are still red (i.e. not pink). But have suffered one or two scratches while trying to re-attach the anti-rattle springs on the fronts. Hence my need for some touch-up paint.
Would mine originally have been red too then, John.....? Dear gawd....sure ain’t red noo.....! Rusty as blazes.

·
Registered
17,794 Posts
Would mine originally have been red too then, John.....? Dear gawd....sure ain’t red noo.....! Rusty as blazes.
I think it was an option, Kev. I have the build sheet for mine somewhere (from Topix) and I'm sure it says "red brake calipers". I'll try and find t.

·
Registered
641 Posts
If mine were ever RED, mustah been more Burgundy......lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts