Jaguar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I was under the impression that that was just a rebadge and that the amplifiers were actually made in the same factory (memory issues on my part?)? and that the quoted differences in power was down to measuring at 10% or 1% THD?

Thinking out loud: maybe the speaker cones and tone mapping were different causing the sonic differences?
B&W changed their allegiance to Maserati so JLR had to look elsewhere.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
B&W changed their allegiance to Maserati so JLR had to look elsewhere.
Iwas under the impression that the B&W in the xf was only the speakers and when jaguar revamped for the facelift they wanted an integrated all in one supplier (Ie the total system including hardware, software and speakers) hence Meridian.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
That ties in with what I was thinking/remembered/said Gordon.. amplifiers were bought/made elsewhere and then 'badged'...

·
Super Moderator
11,221 Posts
Iwas under the impression that the B&W in the xf was only the speakers and when jaguar revamped for the facelift they wanted an integrated all in one supplier (Ie the total system including hardware, software and speakers) hence Meridian.
Early Facelift I had came with "Bowers & Wilkins 440W surround sound system" and it was absolutely superb.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yup I have to say the Bowers and Wilkins system in my Jag is significantly better than the Harmon Kardon system in my BMW. Big difference.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
If I was to retrofit the black pack.
What do you guys think in terms of cost. £5/600 to get the bits painted?

Window trim
Grill surround
Bumper inserts
Side vents
Bonnet vents
Boot strip

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Reactions: Chinnyman

·
Super Moderator
11,221 Posts
The bonus with early Facelift cars is no wretched stop/start 😀

Reactions: XFR.Tom

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
The bonus with early Facelift cars is no wretched stop/start 😀
My dynamic mode turns it off anyway 😁

At least on the XFS it drops a tax band. On the R-S it does 2/10 of ****-all to the tax.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Went to have a look at one.
Engine was a little Tappety and I could hear it in the cabin.
Is that potentially Chain Tensioners?
What's the best way to upload a video?

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
The engines are not quiet, but I have never heard it in the cabin. Chain rattle noise is related to tensioner, tappet noise could be excessive wear (oil starvation) or manufacturing defect (one member had this). Get it checked over or at least some warranty.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
There are some more on my channel.
The engine was also a little warm when I arrived, seems a bit fishy to me.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
That’s got the same underlying tap as I had. There’s a deeper tap that could be a worn tappet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Ok thanks. This one just stood out as it was cheaper with high mileage but could work out to be a false economy in the long run.

Thank you Shrek.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
I’d walk away from that one, it sounds like the timing chain is totally goosed.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts