Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Preferably not black.
Not majorly fussed on mileage as long as it's in good condition and been well looked after.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there any difference from 2011 to 2014 in spec or is it just options chosen at dealer?
Is meridian much better than b&w?

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
Facelift 2011 will probably be a 6-spd box. 2014 moved to an 8-spd.

iMO the B&W is superior to the Merdian, but don’t let that decide your car as you’ll probably have it turned off anyway!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I could possibly be tempted to sell......But mine is black!

2012. 50k miles. B&W system. Excellent condition.

·
Super Moderator
26,822 Posts
Facelift 2011 will probably be a 6-spd box. 2014 moved to an 8-spd.

iMO the B&W is superior to the Merdian, but don’t let that decide your car as you’ll probably have it turned off anyway!
I thought the 8spd came in 2012?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
I’ve a 2012 brochure which says the 5.0L all have 6-speed boxes.

·
Super Moderator
26,822 Posts
The XFR-S came out in 2013 so I’m surprised the XFR didn’t have it then either.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
I’ve loved IRR ever since I saw this on the front cover...

When it was an XF-R exclusive colour. Thankfully they saw sense and gave it to the masses

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Registered
408 Posts
I spent a lot of time looking into the 8 speed box when I was looking for my XFR.

It came out on all XF's apart from the R on the 2012MY, it then appeared on the R on the 2013MY.

David.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I was under the impression that that was just a rebadge and that the amplifiers were actually made in the same factory (memory issues on my part?)? and that the quoted differences in power was down to measuring at 10% or 1% THD?

Thinking out loud: maybe the speaker cones and tone mapping were different causing the sonic differences?

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I spent a lot of time looking into the 8 speed box when I was looking for my XFR.

It came out on all XF's apart from the R on the 2012MY, it then appeared on the R on the 2013MY.

David.
Quite correct David. 8 speed box on all but the XFR in my2012 and the XFR got it in my2013 (which mine is!)

·
Registered
17,818 Posts
I still don't understand the nuances of sound systems that you listen to inside a resonance chamber with a road and wind noise background soundtrack! Come on!!

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
There is a marked difference between the basic system on my XF and the Meridian system in the F-Pace John, especially when out on the road with the wind, rain and road noise.

Reactions: PeteA

·
Super Moderator
26,822 Posts
Model year 2013 being actually 2012 then?

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
Reactions: ChrisSB
1 - 20 of 57 Posts