Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Facebook being fast and loose with people's data I wouldn't go near it if my life depended on it! Phil

·
Super Moderator
32,339 Posts
Facebook being fast and loose with people's data I wouldn't go near it if my life depended on it! Phil
If you think that will save you, you are very wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: Popeye and OBC John

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
If you think that will save you, you are very wrong.
No Chris, I don't think that will save me, I'm not that stupid, but it will lessen the already substantial risks. Besides which I really don't want to know what Jane Doe had for dinner, or if she is going shopping, or if Fred Bloggs is going to the football. Phil

Reactions: KBeee

·
Super Moderator
32,339 Posts
It's really not as bad as people make out. If you won't want to see that info, don't follow those people :) Personally I think the pros outweigh the cons.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
It's really not as bad as people make out. If you won't want to see that info, don't follow those people :) Personally I think the pros outweigh the cons.
i won't be following anybody, except maybe the shapely young blonde round the corner, but I usually do that in my trilby and mac!:sneaky: Phil

·
Registered
2021 F-Pace P250 SE R-Dynamic, 2004 XK8 Coupe 4.2
5,118 Posts
i won't be following anybody, except maybe the shapely young blonde round the corner, but I usually do that in my trilby and mac!:sneaky: Phil
It’s all about risk management, Dark glasses if close up, binoculars from further away 😃

• Haha
Reactions: PeteA

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,813 Posts
I'm still in Facebook borstal.
the 'punishment'.... my posts end up lower down news feeds, or something.

😁

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I use it to see what my extended family is doing, making sure to like every post they make :)

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Administrator
31,211 Posts
For which they are very grateful, I should imagine. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Popeye

·
Registered
23,875 Posts
It occurs to me, for those who get a bit sniffy about Facebook and other social media (and I'll admit I'm one), what do you (I) think this forum is?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I only use Facebook for groups, I don’t have any family on it. My wife is the same.

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,813 Posts
It occurs to me, for those who get a bit sniffy about Facebook and other social media (and I'll admit I'm one), what do you (I) think this forum is?
it is OK... mainly.

and even my risqué comments have only resulted in me being sent to Coventry for a bit
A bit is enough , though, as it's a sh.ithole.

·
Registered
94 Posts
They probably have many details about you already.
If any of your friends have FarceBook and also have you in their Contact List, then unless your friend was very careful they'll have scraped your details from them.
I had this when I started getting emails from FarceBook to my "real-only-given-to-friends" email address, saying things like "See Ms.XYZ's latest post! Sign up today!".
I had to alter my spam filter to reject any mails from the scummy gits.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Thankfully I am not on anyones contact list on Faceache, and I have never visited the site. My daughter is an avid user of this odius website but she knows on the pain of death not to even mention me or my wife on it. Phil

Reactions: DAVENN

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,813 Posts
Thankfully I am not on anyones contact list on Faceache, and I have never visited the site. My daughter is an avid user of this odius website but she knows on the pain of death not to even mention me or my wife on it. Phil
I've closed my account...or will have once my " please think about it" period is over.
This was just before a 6 day ban ( they also shadow ban) for referring to a dopey cow as " a silly person".

• Haha
Reactions: Popeye

·
Registered
94 Posts
Nothing to do with FaecesBook contacts.
If anyone you know has your details on their phone in the phones Contact List and also has FaecesBook on that phone, they will try to scrape that info for it's own use. Usually through a quick pop up when logging in something like asking "Do you want to forbid FaceBook from using your Contacts?" which is easilly missed and clicked through allowing FB to harvest info.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts