Jaguar Forum banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I might have just about taken delivery of my Velar by now.... christ knows what bits would be missing though ?
This is why I didn't order a Velar, lots of reports about customers being told their car would not have X, Y, Z on it and no reduction in price as the items removed were not options and the TFT display was 1 of the main complaints, it was pot luck of you car was delivered with it or the analogue display.

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
I assume all this late delivery grief is down to the short supply of silicone chips which JLR seem to be funnelling towards the new Range Rover and other LR models. And I also assume it's why the digital display is disappearing from the specs (something even my MY15 XJ has).

·
Administrator
31,055 Posts
It is not just JLR - I am reading elsewhere today that BMW and VW customers are getting the exact same runaround.

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
I have been at Embedded World in Nuremberg all week. Semiconductor shortages are causing HUGE issue with supply. Some FPGAs are now selling for 7-10X their normal price! One potential customer (makes Yellow Construction Vehicles) told.me he spent all his time trying to source components.

BTW John, it is definitely Silicon, not Silicone!!! Can't imagine growing a single crystal of Silicone to 12" wafer size.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Reactions: DAVENN and ChrisSB

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,269 Posts
I assume all this late delivery grief is down to the short supply of silicone chips which JLR seem to be funnelling towards the new Range Rover and other LR models. And I also assume it's why the digital display is disappearing from the specs (something even my MY15 XJ has).
That's the story.
But my fully and stupidly loaded Velar was a RR...

@wilf
I ordered a loaded 330e X drive Co Car.
The stereo was downgraded and the lumber support etc in the front passer seat removed..
They then kept pushing it back, hence the Model 3

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,269 Posts
I have been at Embedded World in Nuremberg all week. Semiconductor shortages are causing HUGE issue with supply. Some FPGAs are now selling for 7-10X their normal price! One potential customer (makes Yellow Construction Vehicles) told.me he spent all his time trying to source components.

BTW John, it is definitely Silicon, not Silicone!!! Can't imagine growing a single crystal of Silicone to 12" wafer size.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
A key fan supplier into the boiler market ( many have on-board pcbs) are offering 52 week lead times.they won't confirm quantities and the price will be agreed just before delivery.
Pump OEMs are very much the same.
Wiring leads are in short supply,, as many come the Ukraine.
A friend of this parish was tasked to sell stock new but last generation ( 2 yrs old) controls at knockdown prices. He resisted, citing the situation now. He's now taking orders at 10% above the previous sales price.
The situation, as I see it will last until 2023..

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
Thanks for the correction, John.
I prefer silicone.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
20,753 Posts
At Tatton Park a couple of weeks ago we wer speaking with a chap with a new (3 month old) XF. He had cancelled the order and re-ordered because he was told he couldnt have 360 cameras. Re=ordered with 360 cameras, clear view mirror, dynamic suspension and red callipers.

When his car turned up (late) it had none of these functions/options. He still accepted it. Dealer probably wouldn’t care if he rejected it as they would have a nice new car to sell instantly to someone else.

I have had a XC60 T8 Ultimate on order since Dec 2021 with an expected delivery of. June/July. It was put back to Sept now its Nov. It better have all the toys on it.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
At Tatton Park a couple of weeks ago we wer speaking with a chap with a new (3 month old) XF. He had cancelled the order and re-ordered because he was told he couldnt have 360 cameras. Re=ordered with 360 cameras, clear view mirror, dynamic suspension and red callipers.

When his car turned up (late) it had none of these functions/options. He still accepted it. Dealer probably wouldn’t care if he rejected it as they would have a nice new car to sell instantly to someone else.

I have had a XC60 T8 Ultimate on order since Dec 2021 with an expected delivery of. June/July. It was put back to Sept now its Nov. It better have all the toys on it.
I think it probably should, my Volvo dealer here contacted me this week about buying my XC60 and I explained that I had ordered a RR but wouldn't have it until next year and if they remove any of the spec I will reject it and maybe get another XC90. He said that Volvo weren't removing spec/options from ordered cars but that spec may change on the configurator with the new MY.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts