Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the Jag cycle carrier for my F-Pace, I know it's a licensed Thule one but I'm not sure which one, does anyone know if the Jag branded one is the folding one Thule do?
I'm also thinking of getting the Activity Key kit installed at the same time as it would save me having to take my car keys on a ride, run or when I go swimming, has anyone got any experiences of the activity kit, is it any good and is it worth the money (currently £430 fitted).
Anyone know of any dealers giving discounts on accessories?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which one are you looking at? There are a couple listed

This one:
But I like the Thule folding one and I'm not sure if the Jag branded one folders or not.
Thule EasyFold from Halfords:
Since the Jag one is a Thule I'm going to make the assumption that the heatshield will fit the Thule but I may have a look to see if they actually do a Thule one.

·
Registered
11,212 Posts
Depends how far you're going with them.
I have this one and have done a couple of 150 mile round trips with three bikes on it

Edit: The Jaguar description of the XT 2-Bike says it folds away from the car, so not much of a difference between Jaguar and Halfords pricing when you include Halfords fitting :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depends how far you're going with them.
I have this one and have done a couple of 150 mile round trips with three bikes on it

The wife would like to do a little bit of bike tourism, I'm thinking up to Eilean Dornan when travel get's less restrictive, that's a good 400 - 450 miles from my house. Maybe do a bit of the NC500 in the F-Pace and stop off every so often for a nice leisurely bike ride.

·
Registered
11,212 Posts
I edited my post. The Jaguar one is only a few ££ dearer than Halfords when you include fitting. The description says it folds away from the back of the car. Have you got 13-pin electrics on the back of the car?
Both of them have that.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, been a little busy, the Halfords one fold up from the sides to minimise storage space when not in use, they both tilt the bikes down to access the boot but the one that folds from the sides upwards looks a better option to me as it's stand in the boot or shed when not in use.
To be honest, I wouldn't want fitting on a cycle carrier, they don't look hard to do and I'm pretty certain I could figure it out.
Here a video of it being taken out of the boot and deployed onto the towbar:
I do have a 13 pin socket on the rear of the car, well it should be, it's the factory electronically deployable towbar, that I never thought I'd use.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went with the Thule EasyFold XT2 as it allows me to stand it in the corner of the shed when it's not in use or lay it in the boot when away and the bikes aren't needed on that trip, i.e. locked in the hotel room, etc.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If @googsy1 gets wind of this, he'll have you adding quads and replacing the bulbs with LEDs 😂
Lol, I haven't even taken it out of the box yet, I may need to devise a heat shield for it depending on where the f's exhaust pipes are when it's mounted on the tow bar, something for the weekend I think.

·
Registered
11,212 Posts
If you're inclined to venture to the dealer again, you can buy the heatshield separately for £68, or from the like of Brit-Car

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you're inclined to venture to the dealer again, you can buy the heatshield separately for £68, or from the like of Brit-Car

Thanks for the link, as mine is the folding one I don't think the Jag one will fit but I'll take a look at one if I can find a picture of one somewhere.
@googsy1 it sounds so tempting but I'm afraid I may have to keep it as it is, for now anyway.

·
Registered
11,212 Posts
This may help for the shapes. I've no idea what part I'm looking at, but hopefully it's similar to yours
You'll need to let Google translate it to English :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.