21 - 39 of 39 Posts

Firm Rampant Member

Registered
馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伋鬆仯鬆伌鬆伩X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red

Registered
I thought Dave meant something else :)

Firm Rampant Member

Registered
I love this sort of innovative, DIY fix. Well done!

Sent from my Nexus 10 and an XJ Portfolio. . . 鈽

Registered
Be careful with the Vaseline, I'm sure you know it's conductive.
I searched a bit on this, I heard years ago it was conductive but apparently it isn't very conductive at all.

Registered
If possible, add some conformal coating to decrease the tendency for the green rot to set in - also very important the source of the water is found, fixed and monitored.

Registered
If possible, add some conformal coating to decrease the tendency for the green rot to set in - also very important the source of the water is found, fixed and monitored.
Jaguar have put out a TSB on this, it supposedly only applies to the facelift models and is caused by faulty windscreen washer pumps fitted to those models. The pumps are leaking at the top and the fluid is travelling/wicking by capillary action along the wires from the pump to the top 2 left connectors on the CJB (as in stuarts pics). The normal repair if the car is still under warranty is New improved washer pump/ wiring/CJB, if not under warranty no help is offered.
Increasing numbers are being reported as the face lifts start to age and the pump is suffering from more usage and increased water pushed to the CJB. The new improved replacement pump is available online at different places the part number is C2Z30987 and around 拢70 for the OE. there is also a aftermarket one C2Z30987A for around 拢40 but not sure how good that is. These are the only numbers that should be used.

Although mine is still under warranty for the cost of 拢70 plus less than 1hr diy I did it to save the future hassle, it's a good time to clean the clogged pump filter as well :)

If you have a facelift that's out of warranty it might be prudent to pull the top 2 CJB connectors and check for moisture and if dry replace the pump before it bites you, as the full repair range is around the 拢1,300 - 拢1,500 mark if IRC. Unfortunately the fixes offered on this thread are still at the mercy of the faulty screen washer pump and will most likely return unless it is replaced.

Registered

Registered
Does this start with the screen wash emptying every few days
No, it starts with weird electrical faults. Screen wash emptying every few days sounds like a split bottle. Wheel off, wheel liner out and check the bottle.

Registered
Does this start with the screen wash emptying every few days
I had this very issue, where it would empty enough to bring up fluid low but there was still some fluid left. Turned out to be a cracked tee piece where the headlight washer tube split into two behind the front bumper.

Registered
馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伋鬆仯鬆伌鬆伩X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
for all facelift drivers, I would urge to to check this water ingress as it will be very expensive and this is a proven fault :(

Registered
Evening all
I checked mine today nothing coming from the pump or pipework I can see, but fluid runs down the bodywork at the side of the reservoir, would this just be the natural route of water from the screen and thus the xf is just thirsty on screenwash?

Registered
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but the reason this fault affects the parking brake, stability control and abs is because pin 37 ( or is it 38) is the ignition supply to the abs control module, steering angle sensor, drift sensor and acceleration sensor

21 - 39 of 39 Posts