Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am new to the forum ,I am in need of some assistance i have a 2012 XJ Jaguar 5.0 the engine got messed up i got a motor from another XJ and replace it but the Crankshaft sensor from the motor i got came damaged but it will start the car but it misfire i changed the sensor with two genuine ones and the vehicle does not start i put back the damage one and it start can someone please help me with this what might be the issue here

· Registered
MY 2012 XF S Portfolio Ultimate Black
2,200 Posts
i am new to the forum ,I am in need of some assistance i have a 2012 XJ Jaguar 5.0 the engine got messed up i got a motor from another XJ and replace it but the Crankshaft sensor from the motor i got came damaged but it will start the car but it misfire i changed the sensor with two genuine ones and the vehicle does not start i put back the damage one and it start can someone please help me with this what might be the issue here
Welcome.
this is just an idea:
the crankshaft magnetic ring (part of rear crankshaft seal) should only installed in on orientation. If you have touched it and didn’t put it correctly, ecu could misread the position and won’t start.
the reason you could start engine with bad sensor could be that ECU ignores the sensor and runs using other sensors on a restricted performance mode. I cannot ignore the good sensor though. Try to see if you can start with sensor disconnect.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome.
this is just an idea:
the crankshaft magnetic ring (part of rear crankshaft seal) should only installed in on orientation. If you have touched it and didn’t put it correctly, ecu could misread the position and won’t start.
the reason you could start engine with bad sensor could be that ECU ignores the sensor and runs using other sensors on a restricted performance mode. I cannot ignore the good sensor though. Try to see if you can start with sensor disconnect.
Welcome.
this is just an idea:
Thanks for your respond but the the ring was not removed , i will try starting unpluged .

· Registered
Battery powered superhero
5,743 Posts
As Hamed says, read the DTC codes else you're guessing in the wind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts