Jaguar Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
18,706 Posts
Hi first of all thanks to all who replied to my post.
Inchcape Jaguar Norwich contacted  me to collect my Jaguar and told me all was working as it should be and the reading on the gauge is staying in the same place every time. I told them if I check the car and it was still reading wrong I would be keeping the courtesy car till it was sorted. As we went to the car the customers service 
assistant told me the levels have been checked all day and has been on 3/4 full every time, which was strange as they have constantly told me they always fill to top! When I took the reading it was only half full, I was told to keep the courtesy car and now the Jag is being looked at once again. Hopefully now they know there is a problem perhaps they will deal with it.
My mechanic predicted it could be wiring loom or ECU unit, hopefully we will find out soon, I will post the results.
The thing to remember is if you buy or lease a car it is your responsibility to check the fluid levels and this is impossible if the gauge is reading incorrectly.
Thanks Glenn
Was the engine warm or cold when you checked the level?

·
Registered
10,182 Posts
Hi Glenn, got to admit I think you’re the first to have a problem with the electronic oil level, or perhaps most on here check it occasionally and after a service etc but don’t worry until the car says oil level low or too high?

·
Registered
14 Posts
No it is a Common problem With land Rovers and Jaguars but most people don’t check the oil on a regular basis

·
Registered
14 Posts
No it is a Common problem With land Rovers and Jaguars but most people don’t check the oil on a regular basis
Hi first of all thanks to all who replied to my post.
Inchcape Jaguar Norwich contacted  me to collect my Jaguar and told me all was working as it should be and the reading on the gauge is staying in the same place every time. I told them if I check the car and it was still reading wrong I would be keeping the courtesy car till it was sorted. As we went to the car the customers service 
assistant told me the levels have been checked all day and has been on 3/4 full every time, which was strange as they have constantly told me they always fill to top! When I took the reading it was only half full, I was told to keep the courtesy car and now the Jag is being looked at once again. Hopefully now they know there is a problem perhaps they will deal with it.
My mechanic predicted it could be wiring loom or ECU unit, hopefully we will find out soon, I will post the results.
The thing to remember is if you buy or lease a car it is your responsibility to check the fluid levels and this is impossible if the gauge is reading incorrectly.
Thanks Glenn

·
Registered
10,182 Posts
Ok sorry I didn’t realise that, it’s not been reported on this forum per se

·
Registered
808 Posts
Mine has been showing very stable readings (MY2012). Maybe they have changed the firmware so that dash will take an average in shorter intervals but in the case of a considerable leak driver will be informed faster. mine only changes when I top it up or when I am on an slope.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts